Learn To Make Authentic Mexican Mole and Salsas
We will begin by preparing some delicious salsas, followed by an authentic and traditional Mexican mole, tasty chicken enmoladas, and mexican rice. You'll be educated on the ingredients, tell you about the culinary and nutritional values, and how to prepare and cook each part of the meal. We are always vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free friendly if that is an interest. We will discuss the history and cultural importance of the Mole and how it used to be the “Food of the Emperors”, reserved only for the upper class of the Mayan and Aztec society. During the lesson you will be enticed to explore your environment: the cozy den with its fireplace and library; and the surrounding courtyard with its organic gardens and gorgeous landscapes. Having prepared the delicious meal, we will sit down and dine, engaging in wonderful conversation. With the meal we will enjoy a pure cacao chocolate drink and a glass of delicious Mexican wine. All while surrounded by a beautiful and tranquil environment.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Dinner - All of the ingredients are included to make our delicious chicken enmoladas and mole, including the salsas and authentic mexican rice. If you have special dietary needs please let me know in advance.
- Alcoholic Beverages - A cold beverage made from pure cacao is included as well as wine while we cook, dine and have fun together.
- A beautiful venue is included that is surrounded by organic gardens and a vast courtyard.
What's excluded :
- San Miguel de Allende is the perfect setting for this beautiful cooking class, right in the heart of Centro. You will learn how to prepare the salsas and the mole dish and we'll talk all about each ingredient that we use to create these authentic and gourmet gems. For an exceptional and FUN experience, The experience includes authentic Mexican cacao drinks and delicious red wine throughout the class and dinner.
• Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
• Authentic Mexican Salsas - We will prepare 3 authentic Mexican Salsas and will enjoy with delicious white and blue-corn chips.
• Mole served over Chicken Enmoladas - The main dish is chicken enmoladas covered with the amazing Mexican Mole sauce. This is both a traditional and amazing dish bursting with flavor.
Departure Point :Aldama 9, Zona Centro, 37700 San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- The city of San Miguel de Allende requires all business that wish to operate to have a special Covid certification to ensure public safety. The venue in which this cooking class experience takes place is Covid certified.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.