Learn to Cook Seaweed Inspired Irish Cuisine with a Local in her Waterford Home
Meet your host Marie at her beautiful old cottage in the countryside where you will join her for a hands-on cooking lesson in her sunny, family-style kitchen. Learn to cook a creative Irish meal that incorporates seaweed into both sweet and savory dishes!
Your interactive seaweed cooking class will last about an hour and a half and you will be making three delicious dishes from scratch. You will learn to make a bread, a soup (for example Mulligatawny soup with kelp) and a dessert like sticky date and walnut pudding with seaweed.
Enjoy learning about how you can best use seaweed in your cooking from this passionate local before you sit down at the table to share the meal you helped prepare over a delightful conversation.
Marie prefers cooking vegetarian meals. However, if you would like to have a meat dish, please let her know when you create your booking!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private cooking class and homecooked meal with your host Mariep
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Marie’s passion for seaweed was inspired by her interest in wildlife and the rocky shore ecology of her region of which she would volunteer tours. When she discovered how delicious seaweed could be, she started introducing seaweed based foods at food festivals and events. She has since experimented with new ways to incorporate seaweed and published a recipe book called the Sea Garden.
Marie is incredibly passionate about bringing about awareness of seaweed and their incredible health benefits to the world. She has even figured out how to get children to enjoy seaweed by introducing butterfly-shaped cookies with sweet kelp and artisan seaweed granola bars.
Marie is thrilled to introduce travelers like you to the delights of seaweed - so come join her!
• eggplant and seaweed caponata roll or mulligatawny soup with kelp
• seaweed braised vegetables with noodles or garden and sea risotto and bread
• white chocolate and raspberry carrageen pudding - or sticky date and walnut pudding with seaweed
Departure Point :Waterford, Ireland
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.