Layover to Alexandria from Borg El Arab Airport
Secure Online Payment
per adult from
5 to 8 hours
What's included :
- All transfers by a Private air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English Egyptologist guide (other languages available at request).
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Free Wi Fi service on board the vehicle.
- Free snack bag (fruit, chips).
- Free Bottles of mineral water during your tours.
- All Service charges & taxes
What's excluded :
- Any Entry visa to Egypt
- Extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- Gratuities (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alexandria, Alexandria, Alexandria Governorate
Start your tour with exploring the Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, one of the seven wonders of the Middle Ages, dating back to the first century A.D. Then Pompey’s pillar dating back, most probably, to the end of 3rd century and the remains of the serapeum, the ancient temple of god Serapes, in the neighborhood. In the same area scattered monuments dating back to different periods, in ancient times and since its foundation the Library of Alexandria was not only the biggest library but also the most important university. In our times the gigantic new Library was inaugurated in 2002 and it is a must see in Alexandria that you will visit and a have a guided tour inside it, The ancient lighthouse (Pharos) was one of the seven wonders of Ancient World before it was completely destroyed. Now in its location stands the fort of Qaitbay dating back to 15th century and represents an excellent example of military fortification during the Mamluk dynasty and you will enjoy a panoramic view from the top of the fort, Catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, Pompey’s pillar, the Serapeum ruins, the new Library of Alexandria (Bibliotheca Alexandrina) and the fort of Qaitbay.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Borg El-Arab Airport - North Coast Road, Borg El-Arab Airport - North Coast Rd, Qesm Borg Al Arab, Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.