Late Evening Walking Mattancherry, Fort Kochi With Dinner
On this late evening walking tour explore the old part of Kochi - the multi-ethnic Mattancherry and the colonial facades of Fort Kochi. Numerous ethnic communities like Jews, Konkani, Gujarati, Jains and Marathi have been living in Mattancherry for centuries and their synagogues, churches, temples and mosques can be seen all around. Fort Kochi is steeped in the history and culture of the Portuguese, Dutch and British who occupied it through the ages.
• Multi-cultural ambience of Mattancherry
• Colonial facades of Fort Kochi
• Kolam (floor design) making with a local family
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Dinner (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dutch Cemetery Road, Fort Kochi, Kochi (Cochin) India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the evening and driven to Mattancherry where you will be met by your guide.
Start your walk at the Dutch Palace and continue to Gujarati Street where more than 700 Gujarati families live.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jew Town, Old Cochin, Kochi (Cochin) 682002 India
Walk through Kongini Street, the Jew Town with its antique shops and the local markets selling fruits, vegetables, flowers, groceries and other items. During the walk you will also visit a local family and learn how to draw the traditional 'kolam' floor design.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fort Kochi, Fort Kochi, Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
Next walk into the adjacent neighbourhood of Fort Kochi and go past colonial style mansions, St. Francis Church - the oldest European church in India and old Portuguese buildings like Vasco House.
After the walk, enjoy dinner (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After dinner you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Kochi (Cochin), Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Kochi Airport, Kochi (Cochin) India
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.