Late Afternoon, the best time to visit!
If you were wondering what is the best time to visit Pompeii this is the answer!
The tour is only available from April to October.
Some days there are more visitors in Pompeii than the people that used to live there.
The best time is the last couple of hours before closing time when heat and crowds start to diminish - all the visitors from cruise ships start to leave (usually at four) - and the warm orange colour of the waning sun gives to Pompeii a magical atmosphere.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Entrance tickets. On request, tickets can be purchased in advance by the guide.
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
The visit will start from Porta Marina, the sea gate.
After an introduction of the dynamics of the eruption and the historical background of the the ancient city, we shall visit the following highlights of the site:
The Forum, that's to say the main square, the centre of political, economical, religious and social life.
The body casts, people preserved in their last second of life.
One of the the ancient public baths.
A rich house which will be chosen according to the crowds (which i always try to avoid) and opening rotation or to your specific request.
Shops and workshops
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pompei Tour Organizer Srl, Piazza Porta Marina superiore, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Mask must be weared only indoor.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.