Lares Trek Private Service
This trek follows a path through deep green valleys, towering mountain passes, small rural villages, chilly snow caps and communities herding farmers whose way of life has essentially not changed since hundreds of years ago. The Lares trail is located east of Cusco. This journey is the perfect option if you are looking for something more off the beaten path than the classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. Difficulty: Moderate.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 3x Dinner
- 3x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- Professional guide English / Spanish.
- Private transportation from your hotel, Cusco - Lares.
- Horsemen and horses to carry all the luggage camping.
- Cook and assistant cook.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Kitchen tent.
- 4 person tents for 2 people. Very comfortable and safe for your backpacks.
- First aid kit.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Expedition Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Sleeping bag.
- Breakfast on the first day and lunch on the last day.
- Horses to carry your luggage or to ride.
Day 1: Cusco - Lares Hot Springs - Wacawasi (A, C).
Pass By: Lares Hot Springs, Camino Por Los Aguas Termales, Lares Peru
We depart at 6:00am from Cusco by private bus, picking you up at your hotel. We travel through the Sacred Valley to the hot springs of Lares, where we’ll enjoy a great lunch. Then we start out two hour hike to our campsite in Wacawasi where in the evening dinner is served.
Accommodation included: Camp
Day 2: Wacawasi - Epsaycocha (D, A, C)
Pass By: Lares Trek, 08002 Peru
After breakfast we go to the first activity of the day: observation of Alpaca fabric weaving. Then we start our climb to the pass of the Condor (approximately 4100m.a.s.l.). Here we will enjoy the incredible view of Mount "Veronica" at 5750 m and recharge to continue our hike to Lake Epsaycocha, where we have lunch. Then we will do the final hike to Patacancha where we set up our camp and have dinner.
Accommodation included: Camp
Day 3: : Epsaycocha - Patacancha - Wylloq - Pumamarka - Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes (D, A, C)
Pass By: Archaeological Park Ollantaytambo, Ollantaytambo 08676 Peru
After breakfast, we start walking downhill to Pata court, where we will observe traditional textile and weaving practices. Then we continue to Wylloq for a brief rest & lunch. Afterwards we walk for two hours to Pumamarka and enjoy the Inca terraces. Then we depart to Ollantaytambo to board the Expedition Train Ollantaytambo - Aguas Calientes between 7pm and 8:45pm. When we arrive in Aguas Calientes, we bring you to your hotel and have dinner.
Accommodation included: A Hostel
Day 4: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco (B)
Stop At: Machu Picchu, 08680, Peru
Today we get up early for the bus to Machu Picchu after breakfast. We start with a 2.5 hour guided tour of the different sectors of the archaeological complex. If you want to climb the mountain of Huayna Picchu, there is an additional cost and you have to reserve at least 3 months in advance due to limited availability. After the tour you will have some free time to explore the sites or visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes. You must make your own arrangements to be back at the Aguas Calientes train station for the train back to Cusco. We will board the 18:20 – 21:50 Expedition from Agua Calientes back to Ollantaytambo and it’s recommended to be at the station at least 30 minutes in advance. In Ollantaytambo our bus awaits us to return to the Plaza Regocjio (one block from the Plaza de Armas), Cusco
Duration: 2 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Portal de Comercio 145, Cusco 08002, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
It is collected from different hotels while it is near main square
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :Plaza Kusipata, Cusco 08002, Peru
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring your passport or a copy.
- Your full name, passport number, country and expiration date of your passport will be required upon booking.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.