Lantau Island: Biking Tour in Mui Wo with lunch
Take a leisurely ferry ride to Lantau and then with our experienced guide travel by bike to explore the lesser known side of Lantau Island. Located on the southeast of Lantau Island, lies the town of Mui Wo. Discover the many cultural heritage sites and popular attractions in and around Mui Wo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Return ferry ride to Lantau Island (Mui Wo)
- English speaking guide
- Bike and helmet
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tipping and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lantau island, Hong Kong China
Lantau Island is the biggest island of Hong Kong and is best known for attractions such as the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery but the island has much more to offer.
Although there have been findings that the island was inhabited as early as the Neolithic period most of Lantau Island is fairly untouched and is only recently with the development of the new town ‘Tung Chung’ and the relocation of Hong Kong Airport has it become more accessible.
For a rural escape from the city, take a leisurely ferry ride to Lantau and then with our experienced guide travel by bike to explore the lesser known side of Lantau Island. Located on the southeast of Lantau Island, lies the town of Mui Wo. Discover the many cultural heritage sites and popular attractions in and around Mui Wo.
• Boundary Stone of the Li House.Discovered in 1955, it is believed that this boundary stone served to mark the estate boundary of Song Dynasty Official Li Mao Ying.
• Yick Yuen is a private villa built before the war by Yeung Rui Shan
• Silvermine Bay Waterfall is one of the main attractions of Mui Wo. Divided into the upper falls and the lower falls, they are the most spectacle during the rainy season.
• Silvermine Cave – Carved out of solid granite this cave was once a mine for sliver production.
• Man Mo Temple is the oldest temple in Mui Wo and pays homage to the God of Literature (Man) and the God of War (Mo).
• Pak Tai Temple dedicated to the deity Pak Tai (Supreme Emperor of the Dark Heaven).
• Chung Hau Old Mansion was constructed by the Yuen’s family 80 years ago. This granite made mansion was connected to a watchtower and served for guard purposes as well as defense against pirates.
• Hung Shing Temple – this temple is dedicated to Hung Shing who was an astronomer who helped advance the knowledge of astronomy and navigation.
• Silvermine Bay Beach, is conveniently located and is popular with weekend visitors.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Central Ferry Pier No.6, Central, Hong Kong
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- minimum participation age for the tour is 14 years
- minimum height: 125 cm
- there is no required skill level for this biking tour
- the use of sunscreen and insect repellent is recommended
- minimum number of persons required for tour to operate: 4 pax
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing measures will be followed as per local government's advice. Masks are required to be worn throughout the tour.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.