Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour with Hotel Pickup in Hong Kong Island
This sightseeing tour includes pickup from select hotels in the Central and East areas of Hong Kong Island and transfer to Lantau Island. Take a cable car tour to visit the Tian Tan Big Buddha Statue at the PO Lin Monastery and take a boat ride to explore Tai O, a quaint fishing village where the houses are on stilts. A vegetarian lunch is also included with the tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup from major centrally located hotels. Or meet tour guide & other tourists at a departure point
- Do you pickup from my hotel, or I go to a departure point? What time? Book now and find the answer
- Group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride to mountain top from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping.
- On mountain top, shuttle bus to Buddha after taking cable car, you do not need to climb 268 steps.
- Boat ride in Tai O Village to see the stilts houses. Pink Dolphin can be seen sometimes in summer.
- Chinese style vegetarian lunch at Po Lin Monastery
- Return cable car ride to Tung Chung, see the world's longest sea crossing HKG-MACAO bridge from sky.
- Tour ends in Tung Chung at 4pm, then you will take 1-hour coach back to your hotel in downtown.
- You will be transferred back to hotel before 18:00. The actual time depends on traffic in rush hour
- Service of English speaking tour guide during all transfers and sightseeing
- If you do not offer a preferred pickup place or address, you will receive cancellation note & refund
- Group tour: Pickup is not available from airport, cruise terminal, subway station & railway station.
- Airport (no pickup): Meet in W Hotel at 10:00. Take airport express to Kowloon Station, Exit D1.
- Kai Tak Cruise Terminal (no pickup): Meet in Harbour Plaza Metropolis (7 Metropolis Drive) at 10:20.
- Ocean Cruise Terminal (no pickup): 6 minute walk to Marco Polo HongKong Hotel (3 Canton Rd) at 10:00
- Private pickup from cruise terminal: Please choose the option of "Private Upgrade -Crystal Cabin".
- Entry/Admission - Tung Chung
- Entry/Admission - Ngong Ping 360
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
- Entry/Admission - Tai O
What's excluded :
- Gratuities for guide and driver (optional)
- 2-way taxi fare between your hotel and the departure point if your hotel is not in the pickup list.
- Pickup from a hotel in Shenzhen
- The tour bus is designed for sightseeing. No seperated luggage room. Big luggage is not allowed.
- Request of taking this tour with big luggages onboard and transfering to airport will be rejected.
- Luggage exceeds dimension of 48cm x 34cm x 23cm or weighs above 4 kg is not allowed on cable car
- Left luggage service at Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal. Optional storage fee is HK$100 per piece.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lantau island, Hong Kong China
The highlight is riding the cable car to visit Tian Tan Big Buddha, exploring Tai O fishing village by boat ride
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tung Chung, North of Lantao Islands District, New Territories West, Hong Kong China
Access of group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping ( mountain top ).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ngong Ping 360, 11 Tat Tung Road, Tung Chung, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
Ngong Ping Cable Car connects Tung Chung and Ngong Ping. The 5.7km cable car journey offers visitors spectacular 360 degree panoramic views of South China Sea, Hong Kong International Airport, North Lantau Country Park and Giant Buddha.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha), Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
The world’s largest outdoor seated bronze Buddha. Take in 360-degree views of the island’s forested hillsides and blue-green water as you soar toward the towering 112-foot (34-m) statue.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Po Lin (Precious Lotus) Monastery, Lantau Island, Hong Kong China
Known as the "Buddhist Kingdom in the South", Po Lin Monastery is the most popular Buddhist temple in HK.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Tai O, Hong Kong China
Take boat ride around Tai O village to see the stilts house. In summer time, you can see Pink Dolphin in this area.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Lantau Country Park, Lantau Island, New Territories West, Hong Kong China
Lantau North Country Park was designated in 1978. Occupying a total area of 22 square kilometres, it encompasses Sunset Peak, Yi Tung Shan, Lin Fa Shan, northern slopes of Lantau Peak, Nei Lak Shan and the region north of Ngong Ping. Lantau South Trail Starts from Mui Wo, you will walk to Nam Shan and then Pak Kung Au, where you can reach the peak of Yi Tung and Tai Tung.
Departure Point :1: Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, 1 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
2: Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, 50 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
3: Harbour Grand Hong Kong, 23 Oil St, North Point, Hong Kong
4: Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees, 199 Kowloon City Rd, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong
5: Harbour Plaza Metropolis, 7 Metropolis Dr, Hung Hom, Hong Kong
6: Imperial Hotel, 32-34 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
7: Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
8: Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, 3 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
9: Prince Hotel, Harbour City, 23 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
10: Royal Plaza Hotel, 193 Prince Edward Rd W, Kadoorie Hill, Hong Kong
11: The Cityview, 23 Waterloo Rd, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong
12: InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, 70號 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
13: Metropark Hotel Mongkok, 22 Lai Chi Kok Rd, Mong Kok, Hong Kong
14: B. P. International House, Kwun Chung, Hong Kong
Traveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up to the following hotels:Attiude on Granville HotelB P International HouseBest Western Grand HotelBest Western Hotel Causeway BayBest Western Plus Hotel KowloonBest Western Plus Hotel Sheung WanBooth Lodge (The Salvation Army)Burlington HotelButterfly on MorrisonButterfly on PratButterfly on VictoriaCaritas Bianchi LodgeCasa HotelCity GardenConrad Hong KongCordis, Hong KongCosmo HotelCourtyard By MarriottCrowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway BayDorsett Mong Kok HotelDorsett WanChaiEast HotelEaton HotelEmpire Hotel, Causeway BayEmpire Hotel, WanchaiFenwick PierFour Seasons Hotel Hong KongGloucester Luk Kwok HotelGoodrich HotelGrand Hyatt Hong KongGrand View HotelGuangdong Hotel HKHarbour Grand Hong KongHarbour Grand KowloonHarbour Plaza 8 DegreesHarbour Plaza MetropolisHarbour Plaza North PointHilton Garden Inn Hong Kong MongkokHoliday Inn Express Causeway Bay HKHoliday Inn Golden MileHotel Bonaparte By RhombusHotel IconHotel Jen Hong KongHotel Panorama by RhombusHotel SAVHyatt Regency HK TSTIBIS Hong Kong Central & Sheung WanInn HotelIntercontinental Grand Stanford HKInterContinental HKIsland PacificIsland Shangri-LaJW Marriott Hotel Hong KongKerry Hotel HKKew Green Hotel WanchaiKimberley HotelKings HotelKowloon HotelKowloon Shangri-La HotelL'Hotel Causeway Bay Harbour ViewLangham Hotel, HK (TST)Largos HotelMarco Polo Gateway HotelMarco Polo HK HotelMarco Polo Prince HotelMetropark Hotel KowloonMetropark Hotel Mong KokMetropark Hotel, Causeway BayNathan HotelNew World Millennium HKNovotel Century Hong KongNovotel Nathan Road Kowloon HKPark HotelPeninsula HKPrudential HotelRegal Hong KongRegal Kowloon HotelRegal Oriental HotelRenaissance Harbour ViewRosedale Hong KongRosedale Hotel Kowloon MongkokRoyal Plaza HotelShamrock HotelSheraton HK Hotel & TowersSilka Seaview HotelSilka West Kowloon HotelSouth China HotelSouth Pacific HotelStanford Hillview HotelStanford Hotel (MongKok)The Charterhouse Causeway BayThe City ViewThe Emperor (373 Queen's Road East)The Empire Hotel KowloonThe Excelsior Hong KongThe Harbour ViewThe Imperial HotelThe Luxe ManorThe Mira HKThe Park Lane Hong Kong a PullmanThe Ritz-CarltonThe Royal GardenThe Royal Pacific Hotel & TowersThe Wharney Guang Dong Hong KongVIC on the HarbourW HotelWest HotelYesinn @YMT Wing Sing LaneYMCA of HK (The Salisbury)
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will be picked up from hotel lobby, or you will be advised to meet with your tour guide and other tourists at the nearest departure point. This tour is a seat-in-coach tour. You will buy a seat on a tour coach, share an escorted tour with other tourists. If you do not like the lengthy tour start time, please choose the option of "Private Upgrade -Crystal Cabin".
- If you stay in a local home or a hotel not in the pickup list, please inform of the address upon booking. You will be informed of the nearest pickup hotel and pickup time to meet your tour guide. Your reply of approval of this pickup arrangement and deadline of apply time is critical. No show at the meeting place will receive no refund.
- If you book an activity less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled activity start time, you are required to telephone the local tour supplier immediately right after your booking. The telephone number of the local tour supplier is displayed on your voucher. The office is open from 0700 to 2100 Hong Kong time. If no one answers the phone call after office hour, please telephone again at 0700 next day to add you in the pickup list. Otherwise the tour bus will not go to your hotel.
- Upon pickup, your tour guide will find you by eye contact, or read your name from the pickup list. Meeting point is hotel lobby or you will be advised of the nearest meeting place to meet with your guide. Please be waiting at the meeting place 10 minutes prior to departure. No refund for your no show or late arrival.
- The standard cancellation policy is: (1) a 100% refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. (2) Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the experience will receive no refund.
- At the cable car station, most people line up to buy ticket on site and enter through Individual Entry. The normal waiting time is 2 hours. Your prepaid confirmation coupon allows you to use Group Entry. Less people line up here. Group Entry is a privilege benefit for travel agents' customers only.
- As informed by Ngong Ping Cable Car Company, Ngong Ping Cable Car Service will be closed temporarily for scheduled maintenance on 14 Jan 2020.
- When Ngong Ping Cable Car will be suspended to carry out bi-monthly regular scheduled maintenance, or closed due to severe weather warning, alternative coach transportation will be available during the cable car service suspension. This tour will be operated by coach transfer between Ngong Ping and Tung Chung. No reduction in the tour price for the lack of the cable car ride.
- In the event that the boat ride is suspended in Tai O village, a HK$20 cash coupon will be issued for use in Ngong Ping 360 souvenirs shops. The Tai O boat ride will be suspended service on Sat 25th, Jan 2020 (1st Day of Chines New Year).
- How to join in this tour from airport: (1) Please take 24-minute Airport Express train, get off at Kowloon Station, go out from Exit D1, walk for 97m (2 minute) to W Hong Kong Hotel (Add: 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station, Kowloon). The pickup time from W Hong Kong Hotel is 10:00am daily. Your tour guide has a pickup list and will find you in the lobby. After tour, you will come back to W Hong Kong Hotel at 18:00 after tour. From Airport Station, the 1st train leaves at 05:54. From Kowloon Station back to airport, the last train leaves at 00:52. (2) Because this tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm, you can take a taxi from there back to airport. It takes 10 minute by taxi. (3) You take your own risk of missing your flight. Please only book this tour when your flight leaves from HKG after 20:00. The latest information of security check from airport is: Access control measures are being taken at terminals. Visitors are advised to arrive 3 hours before departure for proper checks. (4) Round trip airport express fare or taxi fare will be paid by yourself. No refund or discount on original tour price. (5) No refund for no show or late arrival caused by arrival flight cancel and arrival flight delay.
- If you live in a hotel on Lantau Island (Disney Resorts, Novotel Citygate, SkyCity Marriott, Regal Airport Hotel etc): (1) The meeting time is 10:55 from the Taxi Stand at Tung Chung cable car station. You need to take a Lantau taxi (blue) to Tung Chung Cable Car Station. It costs around HKD118 one way for 20 minute driving distance. (2) Tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm. (3) Round trip taxi fare will be paid by yourself. No refund or discount on original tour price. (4) No refund for no show or late arrival
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.