Landmannalaugar Hiking Tour - Highlands of Iceland
Hike through one of Iceland’s most beautiful geothermal landscapes on this full-day Landmannalaugar hiking trip from Reykjavik. Travel by coach to the highlands of Fjallaback for a picnic lunch, and then enjoy a leisurely 4-hour trek through lava fields, gullies and multi-colored peaks. Cross the Laugahraun lava field to admire its steaming vents and bubbling pools. If time and weather allow, climb Mt Bláhnúkur volcano for breathtaking views before a dip in Landmannalaugar’s natural hot springs. Numbers are limited to 16 for a small-group experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small group guarantee
- Transport to and from Reykjavik
- Expert hiking guide
- A guided hike in Landmannalaugar area
- Bathing in a natural hot pool
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks
- Use of hiking boots (additional cost)
Go on a 4 hour hiking tour around the Landmannalaugar highland area. Amazing landscape and colourful surroundings create a unique color flow that is almost painting-like. The Landmannalaugar area is a known location among adventure seekers and highly recommended. Enjoy the opportunity to bathe in a natural hot pool after the hike through the geothermally active landscape.
• Landmannalaugar, Landmannalaugar, South Region
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is offered from the following pick up points: 7:15 from Ráðhúsið (City Hall) on Vonarstræti – in front of the Reykjavik Tourist Information Center7:30 from Hallgrímskirkja Church – bus pick up/drop off nr. 87:45 from Reykjavík Campsite in Front of Reykjavik City Hostel8:35 from Selfoss N1 Gas Station9:15 from Hella Bus Stop
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 10 years old
- Remember to bring: Warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, packed lunch, head-wear and gloves and good hiking shoes.
- Hiking shoes and waterproof gear can be rented from the local operator by notifying them in an advance.
- If you want to bathe in Landmannalaugar's hot springs, please bring a bathing suit and towel.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.