Land Rover Safari Minoan Route
This is the best way to explore central Crete with plateaus, ancient Minoan paths, and wildlife. Visit the Aposelemis basin reservoir and an ancient Roman aqueduct, Kastamonitsa, shepherds' Mitato, plateau of Lassithi, Diction cave, the birth place of Zeus.
Visit the Lassinthos Eco park where traditional handicrafts and the local way of life can be experienced and Krassi with the famous for a 2,000-year-old plane tree and also has a natural spring water source.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up/Drop off
- Land Rover Car
What's excluded :
- Any food, drinks or services not specified above
- Entry/Admission - Windmills Of Lasithi Plateau
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Windmills Of Lasithi Plateau, Οροπεδίο Λασιθίου, Tzermiado, Crete 841 00 Greece
This is the best way to explore central Crete with plateaus, ancient paths, and wildlife. Our journey begins from your hotel making our way through the spectacular mountains of Crete we visit the
Aposelemis basin reservoir and an ancient Roman aqueduct. From here, we will visit the village of Kastamonitsa nestling in the foothills of the Afendi mountains where you will experience breakfast Cretan style and be introduced to a local product, Raki.
Now brace yourselves for dirt tracks, following the Minoan path going through mountain passes, experiencing spectacular wildlife, unbelievable scenery, mythology, history and enjoy seeing the local nature at its best. Here, up high in the mountains we stop at a shepherds' Mitato where we can feed the animals whilst seeing shepherds produce cheese the traditional, old fashioned way and even taste this fresh, rich delicacy. Next stop is a birds-eye view of the plateau of Lassithi and the North coast, a great photo opportunity not to be missed. We continue towards the Diction cave, the birth place of Zeus.
There is a 4€ entry charge and walking shoes are recommended. After building up and appetite we head for lunch at a local tavern where you will have the opportunity to try a selection of traditional local starters and main courses (vegetarian option available) and enjoy a glass or two of the unlimited wine!
Once refreshed we continue on to Lassithi visiting the Lassinthos Eco park where traditional handicrafts and the local way of life can be experienced. Then on to Lassithi plateau where time has virtually stood still, the local people are mainly farmers. You
will also see many donkeys at work. We then make our way to Seli, where once again we have an opportunity to take photos of this unique scenery. As we continue driving, we reach the village of Krassi, which is famous for a 2,000-year-old plane tree and also has a natural spring water source. Leaving Krassi, meandering down the mountain roads and past just some of the many olive tree farms on the island you will again see the spectacular coastline and deep blue sea. This is a day full of many surprises.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free Hotel Pick up from hotels in Chersonissos, Stalida, Kokkini Chani, Gouves, Gournes, Amoudara, Agia Pelagia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks are required inside vechicles and in other ares where specified on spot
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.