Lake Titicaca, HUATAJATA, builders of reed boats.
Welcome to La Paz, Bolivia (HUATAJATA)
Huatajata is located in the shores of the Titicaca Lake, the highest navigable lake in the world, located at 3856 meters above sea level. Its shores and small islands are home to the Aymara and Quechua who come from ancient cultures that lived in this area long before the Incas dominate. Here visitors can explore traditional villages where Spanish is the second language and where ancient myths and beliefs persist even today. One of the peculiarities of Lake Titicaca are the small floating islands inhabited by a tribe called the Uros. In these small islands visitors are welcomed and can even ride in one of the famous reed boats.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingüal guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by reed boats.
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Travel Insurrance
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Lake Titicaca
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Paz Department, La Paz Department
Our adventure starts at 8:00 am, with pick up from your hotel / hostel in the city of La Paz in your private mobility and professional bilingual guide, to direct us through a Asphalted road to the town of Huatajata, the trip is approximately 2 hours, the road is all paved with an impressive view of the Cordillera Real.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Huatajata, Huatajata, La Paz Department
We arrive at the town of Huatajata Visit to the Totora Museum, this exposes the different expeditions of TOTORA rafts that sailed the oceans and rivers of the World.
You can also buy crafts made in totora, such as small rafts decorative
After our visit to the local museum, we will have lunch (In base to fresh trout typical of the place), later we will take the boat to go to the Island of Pariti, here we will visit the Archaeological Museum that shows a Variety of valuable ceramics belonging to the Tiwanakota culture (classic period 500 to 800 AD),
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana Bolivia
We will return to the population of Huatajata, where our transportation will be waiting to return to the city of La Paz. Our service includes the tour of the Altiplano North of Bolivia, We will observe the Fauna and Flora typical of this Andean region like the different Potato Crops, and Quinoa
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from all La Paz Hotels/ hostelsAirports
- El Alto Airport, La Paz Bolivia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.