Lake Huechulafquen and Lanin Volcano Day Trip
Experience some of Argentina’s most stunning natural landscapes, including Lake Huechulafquen and Lanín Volcano, on this day trip from San Martin de los Andes. Located at the northern end of Patagonia, the region is brimming with geologic wonders. Your knowledgeable guide also informs you about the indigenous Mapuche, with stops at local community churches. Pickup and drop-off at your central hotel ensures an easy day of exploration. Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour for a personalized experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lago Huechulafquen, Neuquen Argentina
After traveling for 42 km and leaving Junín
de los Andes, a small village representative of the region’s Mapuche culture, catch your first glimpse of Lake Huechulafquen, an emerald glacial lake in Lanín National Park. The majestic, snow-capped Lanín Volcano sits prominently in the background.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Volcan Lanin, Junin de los Andes Argentina
Continue on to the Mapuche community of Cañicul, where you can sample local specialties like grilled meats and fresh salad (own expense), then stroll the black volcanic sand beaches. Once you’ve sated your appetite, head to the 12,388-foot-high (3,776-meter) Lanín Volcano, where you’re greeted with views of shimmering glaciers and lush hillsides in the distance. Stop at the southern base, the closest entrance to the volcano, and bust out your camera for frame-worthy photos.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lago Paimun, Lago, Paimún, Neuquén, Argentina
This stop at Lake Paimun gives your small group the opportunity to visit another chapel, with images of ancient Mapuche people.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Futaleufu River, Futaleufu Chile
Make a brief stop on the shore of the Futaleufú River for one final, breathtaking view of the Lanín Volcano before your guide returns you to your hotel in San Martin de los Andes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You may bring your own food and drinks
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.