Lake District Rail Day Tour from London Including Hawkshead
Enjoy a day trip by train to the Lake District and discover the world of Beatrix Potter amidst the breath-taking scenery of the surrounding countryside. The combination of craggy hilltops and glittering lakes have long stirred the imagination of visitors and helped to make it the UK's most popular National Park. There's time to visit two of Beatrix Potter's former properties, explore the medieval village of Hawkshead and take a relaxing and scenic cruise on Lake Windermere before heading back to London.
per adult from
13 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Round-trip tickets to Lake District National Park with reserved seats
- Scenic Cruise on Lake Windermere (largest UK lake)
- Visit the medieval village of Hawkshead where William Wordsworth's old Grammar School is located.
- Cream Tea at the Lindeth Howe Country Hotel, once home to Beatrix Potter
- Entry/Admission - Hill Top, Beatrix Potter's House
- Entry/Admission - Hawkshead Grammar School
- Entry/Admission - Lake Windermere
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tarn Hows, Lake District National Park, Coniston LA21 8AQ England
One of the most photographed locations in the Lake District. Soak up the stunning views looking towards the mountains at Tarn Hows,
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hill Top, Beatrix Potter's House, Main St Near Sawrey, Hawkshead, Ambleside LA22 0LF England
Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top Farm, where she wrote many of her famous children’s stories in this 17th century cottage. We will explore the garden and visit the shop.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hawkshead Grammar School, Old School House Main Street, Hawkshead, Ambleside LA22 0NT England
There are plenty of photo opportunities as William Wordsworth old Grammar School is located here.
Then Finnish your day with traditional Cream tea at Lindeth Howe - former home of beatrix Potter now a 4 star hotel
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lake Windermere, Windermere England
Scenic cruise on Lake Windermere
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Euston, London NW1 2DS, UK
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The tour is unescorted on the trains.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Children under the age of 5 years old are not permitted to participate in this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.