Lake Chapala, Mezcala Island and Ajijic Small-Group Tour from Guadalajara
Getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a full-day unique, cultural, and gastronomical experience. Travel from Guadalajara to the Chapala Lakeside area and discover the magical towns of Mezcala, Chapala and Ajijic hosted by a local expert. Enjoy a boat ride (included) on the lake on the way to Mezcala Island, the most important site during the war of independence in Jalisco state. You will visit the most important colonial buildings, vestiges, and ruins in the history of the region. Later you can enjoy an excellent lunch facing the lake in the gastronomic area. Try the delicious local cuisine, famous for its seafood. Stroll the boardwalk and its cultural handicraft market, you will find pre-Hispanic art, regional drinks, and crafts. This is a personalized, immersive, high-quality tour, You shouldn't worry about anything, everything is included.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water - Purified and Mineral water
- Lunch - Full lunch in a regional high-quality restaurant
- Snacks - Several Mexican Snacks
- Alcoholic Beverages - Beer & Tequila
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Lake Chapala
- Entry/Admission - Mezcala Island
- Entry/Admission - Antigua Estacion De Ferrocarril Chapala
- Entry/Admission - Chapala Malecon
- Entry/Admission - Chapala Handicrafts Market
- Entry/Admission - Ajijic Malecon
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Chapala, Mexico
You will tour and appreciate in one day the 3 main magic towns on the shore of Chapala Lake (Mezcala, Chapala & Ajijic). Indigenous origin villages with lots of history, tradition, and gastronomy. It may take several hours depending on the wishes of the traveler
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mezcala Island, Guadalajara Mexico
Enjoy a boat ride (included) to Mezcala Island in the company of a local expert where you will learn all about the ruins and vestiges of one of the most important military fort during the war of independence. You can also appreciate the chapel built in honor of the Virgin of San Juan de Los Lagos.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Antigua Estacion De Ferrocarril Chapala, González Gallo 1500, Sin Nombre, 45900 Chapala, Jal., Mexico
Visit the old Chapala Railway station that formerly communicated the region with the city of Mexico and Guadalajara. Today it is a cultural center dedicated to sharing the history of the region.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Chapala Malecon, Lake Chapala Waterfront, Chapala 48300 Mexico
Stroll and appreciate the beautiful Chapala boardwalk as well as its historic center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chapala Handicrafts Market, Calle 5 de Mayo, Chapala 45900 Mexico
Right next to the Chapala boardwalk you can find the handicraft market where you will find pre-Hispanic crafts, jewelry, souvenirs as well as drinks and snacks typical of the region.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ajijic Malecon, Ajijic Lakefront Del Paseo & Morelos, Ajijic 45920 Mexico
Discover another of the magical towns in the Ribera de Chapala route. Appreciate its beautiful boardwalk and historic center. You will find also great coffee shops, regional crafts, and a craft beer brewery.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at your accommodation (Hotel, Hostel, Airbnb). You need to notify your location at least 24 hours before.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We comply with all the requirements established by the local government
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.