Lake Chala Day Trip
Lake Chala is a unique caldera lake, and is thought to be the deepest inland body of water in Africa. This lake is fed by underground springs from Mt. Kilimanjaro. The lake has a great diversity of life. From lush lake shore forest to stunning volcanic savannah; from river beds marvelously carved through ancient rock, to thick bush or open ‘mbuga’. Walking at Lake Chala is a magical experience that will put you back in touch with nature.
Chala has a huge variety of amazing trees, grasses and plants; some are unique to the area. According to the time of year there are hundreds of species of butterflies and birds, including spectacular birds of prey. The African Fish Eagle, with its hunting techniques, Verreaux’s Eagle, Augur Buzzards and many other species of birds can be seen around the crater walls.
Wild mammals do varies from monkeys to baboons again from dik-dik to kudu, to elephant. Chala is an untouched part of a truly ancient land and a must visit place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Lake Chala
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Chala, Moshi Tanzania
Find your inner character at Lake Chala, Lake Chala is the perfect place to get some down time from the hustle and bustle of city life. Located just 1.5 hours away from Moshi on the border of Tanzania and Kenya, this peaceful scene is one mighty fine example of how much natural beauty Tanzania has to offer.
Activities involved: Walking safaris, Swimming, Fishing and Canoeing.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick guests from Moshi town.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.