Lake Bled and Bled Castle Tour from Ljubljana
A trip to Bled must be a part of any visit to Slovenia. Take our half-day tour and visit Lake Bled, the charming Alpine resort at the very edge of the Julian Alps. Explore Bled Castle, perched high above the Lake Bled’s tranquil waters and admire the views of Lake Bled from several viewpoints at the castle. Ride a traditional ‘pletna’ boat to Bled Island, where you can visit the church or try local sweet treats at the cafe. Enjoy a perfect day sipping coffee and eating »Kremšnita«, the traditional Bled custard cream cake, at the lakeside.
On our tour to Lake Bled we treat you with a traditional pletna boat ride to Bled island, a top attraction in Slovenia. Pletna boats are unique to Lake Bled and operated by a single rower with two long oars. Following the boat ride, you get some time to explore the little island and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding area. Optionally, you can enter the Church of the Assumption and even ring the wishing bell, which has been ringing over Lake Bled since 1534.
Our guide will also take you to visit Bled Castle and the castle museum, which gives you an insight into the history of the entire area. We will show you some of the best viewpoints form where you will be able to admire magnificent views over Lake Bled and Bled Island and take beautiful photos. Bled castle is more than a thousand
years old, and one of the most spectacular castles in Slovenia. On the shore of Lake Bled it is possible to take a short walk along Lake Bled and watch the majestic swans and playful ducks swimming on the lake. Or you can relax and take a break in one of the coffee shops - where you need to try kremšnita, the traditional Bled custard cream cake.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Central Ljubljana or Bled pickup and drop-off
- Comfortable transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional English speaking guide
What's excluded :
- Admission fees, meals and personal expenses.
- Admission options:
- Bled castle: 13 € per person
- Pletna rowing boat ride to Bled island: 15 € per person
- Entry/Admission - Bled Island
- Entry/Admission - Bled Castle (Blejski Grad)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bled Island, Lake Bled, Bled Slovenia
A trip to Bled must be a part of any visit to Slovenia. On our tour to Lake Bled we treat you with a traditional pletna boat ride to Bled island, a top attraction in Slovenia. Pletna boats are unique to Lake Bled and operated by a single rower with two long oars.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bled Castle (Blejski Grad), Lake Bled, Bled 4260 Slovenia
Our tour to Lake Bled takes you up to Bled castle, perched on a sheer cliff high above Lake Bled. Visit the Bled castle museum, which gives you an insight into the history of the entire area, and admire the views of Lake Bled from several viewpoints at the castle.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Bled, Gregorchicheva ulica 22, Bled 4260 Slovenia
On the shore of Lake Bled it is possible to take a short walk along Lake Bled, admire the views, and watch the majestic swans and playful ducks swimming on the lake. Or you can relax and take a break in one of the coffee shops - where you need to try kremšnita, the traditional Bled custard cream cake.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Adora Hotel // pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Allegro Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is Levstik square Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa // Pedestrian zone, pick up place is French revolution squareTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atelier hotel Vošnjakova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Atticus B&B // Closest pickup place: STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10 Poljanska cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Celica hostel Metelkova ulica 8, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Galleria Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square (Levstikov trg)Levstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Grand Hotel Union // Pedestrian zone, pickup is in front of uHotel Tavčarjeva ulica 8a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Lesar Hotel // Pedestrian zone, pickup place is Levstik square Gornji trg 7, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Levstik squareLevstikov trg 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Meksiko Hotel Njegoševa cesta 6, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Mrak Hotel Rimska cesta 4, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Slon Best Western Premier Hotel // Limited access with vehicles, pickup place is uHotelMiklošičeva cesta 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.STIC (Slovenian Tourist Information Center), Krekov trg 10Krekov trg 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.Trg Francoske revolucije, at the obeliskTrg francoske revolucije 2, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Guests are recommended to wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please keep in mind that there are quite a few stairs at the Bled island and Bled castle, but you would do that in a fairly slow pace.
- Small group tour - up to 8 people per van.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks are required during transfer.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.