Lagos Walking Tour with Local Historian
With Lagos Walking Tour, in a relaxed way, you can meet the urban evolution of the area and the importance of this town in World history. Will reveal you the history, stories, myths, economy and society.
Celtic iron age will be revealed in where they found Lacobriga: The first urban nucleus, objects and way of Living.
Found where the Romans settled down, their activities and archaeological finds.
You will meet the Middle Ages Wall and urban Trace, that was built by the Portuguese
From the Modern Era, you will learn from Henry the Navigator, his role in the discovery movement, slaves. The Modern Era wall that today, partially surround the old town and the cemetery of slaves.
In this tour you will walk through the path of the Last Convicted to death by a civil crime, in Portugal.
Will explain why is King Dom Sebastião statue in our main square.
With gravures, old photos, photos reconstitutions that you will see in this experience, you will look to Lagos with a completely new perspective
per adult from
What's included :
- Touristic Guide
- Entry/Admission - Museu Municipal Dr. Jose Formosinho
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Governor's Castle (Castelo dos Governadores)
- Entry/Admission - Antigo Mercado de Escravos
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Statue of Infante Dom Henrique, Praca Infante Dom Henrique, Lagos 8600-525 Portugal
in Here we will describe the importance that Henry the Navigator had to the history of Lagos and the world.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Governor's Castle (Castelo dos Governadores), Jardim da Constituicao, Lagos 8600 Portugal
The evolution of the Governador’s Castel, using old photos, the function of the building and the earthquake of 1755.Admission is not possible in thus bulding.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Antigo Mercado de Escravos, Praca Infante Dom Henrique, Lagos 8600-525 Portugal
Althow we will not enter in the bulding, we will reveal it's myth and why this bulding is today the Slave Museum.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Museu Municipal Dr. Jose Formosinho, Rua General Alberto da Silveira, Lagos 8600-594 Portugal
The tour includes an entrance to St. Anthony Church that is part of the museum. Althouth the Lagos museum it's closed for renovations.
This church is an unic monument... the details... the shine...uau...it´s made for you that love art and history
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sculpture of Dom Sebastiao, Lagos Portugal
Why is this statue in the midle of Lagos Main Square... Why is it so weard--.. Is it a women? well, ...we lef this statue for the end... because with the info that we will share during the tour it will be easier for it's interpretation...we can say that this statue will conect alot of what will be talking during the tour... surprise... surprise...
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Praça Gil Eanes, 8600-330 Lagos, Portugal
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- We recommend you to bring: a) Comfortable and covered shoes, not flip-flops b) Bring a jacket if you start your tour after 6.00 pm
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We reviewed safety procedures with Turismo de Portugal to Avoid contamination caused by the New Coronavirus. Please bring a Face Mask. Your Guide will use a Visor Mask. Hand sanitizer will be provided during the tour, Host Will ask about social distance need (2mtrs/6ft)
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.