La Vieja Waterfalls Hike - All in ONE experience
Enjoy the best Waterfalls of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano.
Rincon de la Vieja Costa Rica gets known for its unique biodiversity of flora and fauna. It offers a natural rainforest habitat, complete with hiking and walking trails. You'll get to experience breathtaking viewpoints and spot a variety of exotic animals.
Let us be your guide to the wonderful Rincon de la Vieja Volcano and enjoy more than 7 waterfall options together with river pools and hotsprings.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Life Vest
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Oropendola Warterfall
- Entry/Admission - Tour Catarata la Leona
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oropendola Warterfall, Rincon de La Vieja Costa Rica
Our day starts at 8:00 AM by driving 25 min from Liberia downtown through the small villages of Colorado and Curubande, making one short stop at a “ Soda “ to taste costa rican coffe, bread and fruits to then continue for 10 more minutes to our first waterfall: La Oropendola located at the slopes of the Rincon de la Vieja volcano.
Once there we’ll be ready for a refreshing swim in the Oropendula Waterfall. The trail is 500 meters singletrack so together 1 Km. The Oropendula Waterfall spills an impressive 82 feet (25 meters) down to a bright turquoise pool in the picturesque lush canyon of the Rio Blanco (White River).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tour Catarata la Leona, Curubande, Provincia de Guanacaste, Liberia, Costa Rica
After half an hour at La Oropendola Waterfall we will continue to our second Waterfall: La Leona. The waterfall is well hidden away on the outskirts of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano . The trail is 1.7 Miles (2.7 Kilometers) singletrack so together it is 6 km.
There are some climbing to do in elevation and some caves to go across. Later to reach the waterfall we would have to swim 25 meters.
Once we finish with La Leona Waterfall we will continue to Poza La Pipa ( La Pipa Pools ) in Curubande where the Blanco and the Colorado rivers cross through, forming canyons and beautiful scenery which is why the water in their pools have that special turquoise tint.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Curubande, Curubande, Province of Guanacaste
After the waterfalls we will go back to Curubande downtown to have a typical Costa Rican Lunch.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Mario Cañas Ruiz Park, Guanacaste Province, Liberia, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Liberia Airport, Liberia Costa Rica
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our experience follow the COVID 19 -related safety and cleaning guidelines- including adhering to social distancing guidelines, practicing good hygiene, and ensuring that all participants wear a mask, created and supervised by the Costa Rican Chamber of Tourism and the Costa Rican Ministry of Health
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.