La Paz Small-Group Food and Markets Tour
Neighbouring Peru might be the popular kid when it comes to South American cuisine, but this La Paz food tour is out to put Bolivia in the spotlight. Taste fresh organic fruits, fish dishes right from Lake Titicaca, tasty snacks you’ve never heard of. Ready, set, EAT!
per adult from
1 day 11 hours
What's included :
- Local guide
- Food as per itinerary
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Plaza Murillo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza Murillo, La Paz Bolivia
Be sure to come to this tour with an appetite – you’ll need it! We’ll begin our La Paz food tour at Plaza Murillo, where you’ll meet your guide and head off to a local restaurant to dive right into some Bolivian cuisine. Here we’ll try some traditional potato soup, a very common dish that has been warming the Bolivian people for years. We'll have a chat about the food and flavors of Bolivia, giving you an introduction to this often overlooked cuisine.
From here, we’ll continue on foot to Camacho Market for a sweet bite – some fresh fruit salad. Here you can select from all kinds of colorful, organic fruits to create your own combination of sweet and tangy treats. But don’t fill up too much! We’ll be heading to a chocolate shop, where we’ll sample all kinds of different types of chocolate from Bolivia and learn about its production too.
As we continue to tour La Paz, we’ll jump on some public transport and head towards a restaurant that serves fresh fish from nearby Lake Titicaca, as well as famous potato stew. To put it simply, you can’t get more Bolivian than that!
Next, we’ll walk off some of those calories by making our way back to downtown, passing through a few marketplaces along the way. For those of you who aren’t already stuffed, there will be plenty of opportunity to nibble on some local snacks along the way. With a local shopping alongside you, you’ll be able to learn all about traditional dishes and won’t miss out on the best Bolivian food sold in these markets.
Finally, we’ll finish up the tour in the best way possible – by watching the sunset over La Paz from a gorgeous scenic viewpoint overlooking the city. After you’ve taken some memorable photos, we’ll return to Plaza Murillo, arriving between 5 and 6pm, depending on group pace and crazy La Paz traffic.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Plaza Murillo, El Alto, Bolivia
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.