La Candelaria Walking Tour
Meet the morning market of fruits and vegetables that are traded in the Plaza de la Concordia.
Meet the controversial and fascinating work of one of the most recognized Colombian artists in the world at the Botero Museum.
Get to the heart of the city and learn about Colombian history in the Plaza de Bolívar.
Walk through the Rivas Passage, a place where you can appreciate and buy varied crafts.
Finish the tour with a typical Colombian snack.
per adult from
What's included :
- Small Snack.
- Experienced and fun guide.
- Entrance to the Botero Museum.
What's excluded :
- Private transport
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bogota, Bogota
Start of the tour: 9:00 am or 2:00 pm Choose the time that suits you best!
Duration: 3 and a half hours.
Put on some comfortable shoes and get ready for the most authentic walking tour of the city.
You will start near the Gold Museum, where the journey begins towards the Environmental Axis, where you will learn about this impressive work of reconstruction and social integration carried out by the architect Rogelio Salmona for the turn of the century.
Then you will enter the La Candelaria neighborhood and where you will visit the Plaza de la Concordia, a local market where fruits and vegetables from the region are traded daily.
When you leave, you will go through the narrow street of Chorro de Quevedo and you will have a stop to try a glass of chicha, a traditional fermented drink based on corn whose preparation was inherited by our native indigenous ancestors.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bogota, Bogota
Then you will make a brief visit to the Botero Museum and continue until you reach the Plaza de Bolívar. This central square houses the most important administrative buildings in the country and the legendary Primada Cathedral.
Going a few streets further, you will enter a secret alley filled with traditional handmade kitchen utensils.
This experience will end with a delicious typical Colombian snack to end with a flourish.
End of the tour
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Gold Museum, Cra. 6 #15-88, Bogotá, Cundinamarca, Colombia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- In case of rain we will reorganize the route changing the original plan.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.