Kyoto Matcha Green Tea Tour
Join our Matcha Kyoto Green Tea Tour and discover more about Uji Town, the heart and soul of Japanese Green Tea Culture.
Matcha tea is definitely an integral part of Japanese tea culture. If you love Green tea and would like to learn more about Matcha, be sure to join our 3-hour tour to the town of Uji in Kyoto, the home of Matcha. A trip to Uji will give you many chances to experience and taste Matcha and other types of green tea in a variety of beverages and foods. The green tea and matcha (powdered green tea) produced here in Uji are famous for their quality not only in Japan but all over the world. Also, while visiting Uji you can see the gorgeous and famous Byodoin temple, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
During our Uji tour we will sit down for a fantastic set lunch, and we will have a chance to experience making and drinking tea. If you find teas that you like, you will have time to choose, purchase and take home some delicious memories of your tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Matcha Tasting Included
- Lunch In Restaurant, tea experience
- Matcha Making, Wagashi Sweets and Matcha Ice Cream all featured
- Shopping time
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uji, Kyoto, Japan
- Discover Uji, heart & soul of Japanese Green Tea Culture
- Enjoy an Authentic Tea Experience with a local
- Browse the local shops for souvenirs unique to the area.
- A visit to Byodoin temple, a World Heritage site
- Get a sense of what goes into production of the best matcha
- Lunch in a restaurant with local and seasonal dishes and tea experience.
- Matcha making, wagashi sweets and matcha ice cream all featured in one tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Uji Scenic Bridge, Honshu, 又振 宇治 宇治市 京都府 611-0021, Japan
Uji Scenic Bridge
Pass By: Uji River Cormorant Fishing, Togawa Uji, Kyoto 611-0021, Japan
Uji River Cormorant Fishing
Pass By: Uji Shrine, 1 Uji Yamada, Uji 611-0021 Kyoto Prefecture
Pass By: Amagasetsuri Bridge, 川, 紅斉 宇治 宇治市 京都府 611-0021, Japan
Amagasetsuri Bridge (Suspension bridge)
Pass By: Masuda Chaho, Renge-21-3 Uji, Kyoto 611-0021, Japan
Ending Point - Masuda Chaho
Stop At: Byodoin Temple, 116 Uji Renge, Uji 611-0021 Kyoto Prefecture
A visit to Byodoin temple, a World Heritage site
Duration: 5 minutes
Departure Point :Uji Station, Otsukata Uji, Kyoto 611-0021, Japan
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Byodoin, Renge-116 Uji, Kyoto 611-0021, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- For solo travelers, please email us
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Not recommended for Vegans and Gluten-free
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian friendly
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.