Kyoto from Osaka: Immersive Arashiyama and Fushimi Inari by Private Vehicle
Explore the sights of Arashiyama and Fushimi Inari on this full-day, private minivan tour based out of Osaka. In Arashiyama, you'll visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Tenryuji, known for its beautiful architecture, gorgeous classic gardens, and lovely vistas. Then it's on to the world famous bamboo grove. Picture time! Afterwards, we slip away to the quiet, rarefied environs of the Okochi Sanso estate for gardens, architecture, and a matcha tea break too. Much more to see and stroll about in Arashimaya before we head to the awe-inspiring, ever-popular Fushimi Inari, where thousands of red gates ("torii") snake up the mountain. We'll talk about the significance and sites as we make our way up the holy pathway, but it's a private tour, so we only go as high as you want!
While not included, we are happy to suggest a lunch stop along the way.
This tour can be customized, so do feel free to consult with us if you've something special in mind that we don't cover on the standard tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in Osaka (drop off can be in Kyoto)
- Native (or equivalent) English-speaking driver-guide
- Transport by private vehicle (6 or 9 passenger vehicle, depending on your group size/choice)
- Entry/Admission - Tenryuji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Okochi Sanso Garden
What's excluded :
- Lunch - We've got some good recommendations for you!
- Admissions (figure 1,500 per adult)
- Child seat: 1,000 yen payable on day of tour.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arashiyama, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-0007 Kyoto Prefecture
Within this part of Kyoto are the following places, all described in detaile below: Tenryuji, Bamboo Grove, Okochi Sanso. But also, we'll spend some time, as you wish, strolling the town itself, both along the river and through the shopping district.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tenryuji Temple, 68 Saga Tenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8385 Kyoto Prefecture
The lovely, picture-perfect gardens are sure to both astound and bring you a sense of serenity. Timeless beauty, no matter what the season. We also get views of the prayer halls, mediation areas, and the bamboo grove (which we later walk right through).
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Bamboo Forest Street, Sagaogurayama Tabuchiyamacho, Ukyo-Ku, Kyoto 616-8394 Kyoto Prefecture
You've probably seen this pictures of this, and now you get to be a part of it. A narrow road snakes up a gentle hillside, with bamboo towering both to your left and right. A classic, and for good reason.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Okochi Sanso Garden, 8-3 Sagaogurayama Tabuchiyamacho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8394 Kyoto Prefecture
Perched above Arashiyama's famous bamboo grove is this luxurious former actor's estate, largely built in the 1930s. You'll enjoy some macha (Japanese powdered green tea) and a small sweet, then stroll the gardens, take in the views, and check out the impressive buildings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gion, Kyoto 605-0074 Kyoto Prefecture
We spend a few minutes driving through and stopping for a quick stroll and picture taking in the Gion district.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, 68 Fukakusa Yabunouchicho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto 612-0882 Kyoto Prefecture
Arguably the most famous Shinto Shrine in the land, Fushimi Inari entices you ever higher up the mountain with its famous red torii (gates). Don't worry, though -- this is a private tour, so we'll only go as high as you want to! Along the way, we'll talk about what Shintoism, Japan's original religion, and we'll see plenty of significant sights aside from those red torii, too.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up at any hotel in central Osaka, as defined by the JR Loop Line, is included at no extra charge. Additional charges for other location are as follows (Japanese yen, each way): Osaka port or Hyatt Regency Osaka, 2,500; Universal Studios area, 2,000; For Kansai Airport pickups, due to the distance and associated highway tolls, an extra 10,000 yen is asked.Airports
- Kansai Intl Airport, 1 Senshukukokita, Izumisano 549-0001 Osaka Prefecture
- Tempozan (Osaka)
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour is priced per group. If you are 7 to 9 passengers, the price increase covers the larger vehicle. Even if you are less than 7, you can choose the 7 passengers and ride in the 9 passenger vehicle for extra space.
- If you have to bring your luggage with you to the tour, you can leave it in the trunk during the tour, subject to space constraints.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day, traffic conditions and your preferable drop-off location.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- This is a private vehicle tour, so only the guide is not part of your group. The guide will wear a mask in the vehicle and also while touring outside the vehicle.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.