Kyoto Arashiyama & Golden Pavilion One day Fulfilling Tour
In this tour, you will enjoy Japanese nature including animals and landscape at the foot of Mt. Arashiyama which is located on the west side of Kyoto and famous for its scenic beauty. Once this district was open only to the nobles. Located not so far from central Kyoto, this natural environment has been very well maintained up to the present day. That’s why you can interact with wild monkeys very closely.
In the afternoon, you will visit the Golden Pavilion (Kinkaku-ji Temple), one of the most famous Zen temples in Japan that you won’t forget for the rest of your life.
per adult from
7 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guide Fare
What's excluded :
- Admission Fee 1,450 yen
- Food & Drink
- Public Transportation Fare about 1,200 yen
- Entry/Admission - Monkey Park Iwatayama
- Entry/Admission - Tenryuji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kinkakuji Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monkey Park Iwatayama, 8 Genrokuyamacho, Nishikyo-ku, Kyoto 616-0022 Kyoto Prefecture
A 15 minute walk from Saga Arashiyama Station, you will reach a paradise of wild Japanese macaques after climbing a slightly steep mountain path. There are about wild but friendly 120 monkeys including cute baby monkeys living in this area. You can watch them play very closely and feed them from an enclosed resting area.
In addition, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the whole Kyoto city from an altitude of about 190 meters.
Admission: Adult 550 yen. Children (Aged 4 to 15) 250 yen.(as of Aug,2019)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Togetsukyo Bridge, Sagatenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8385 Kyoto Prefecture
Arashiyama is one of the most famous resorts in Japan and was once off-limits to all except the aristocrats. They enjoyed boating, watching the scenery and the moon reflected in the river and composed Japanese tanka poems about them. The elegantly curved bridge has been praised by the nobles including the Emperor for its beauty.
Your heart will be healed by this scenery full of nature.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Kameyama Park, Kameyama 519-0159 Mie Prefecture
This park rich in nature is set on the other side of Arashiyama.
From the park's observatory you can enjoy the spectacular view of steep cliffs and the river flowing at the bottom of the valley.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Arashiyama Bamboo Grove, Sagatenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-Ku, Kyoto 616-8385 Kyoto Prefecture
We will take a walk through the world-famous Bamboo Grove with its incredible beauty and serenity. The sky-high green bamboo pillars softly rustling in the wind are an awe-inspiring sight.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Tenryuji Temple, 68 Saga Tenryuji Susukinobabacho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-8385 Kyoto Prefecture
This venerated temple was built by the shogun in 1339 to appease the late Emperor's spirit and is registered as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
Its garden is one of the most famous Japanese gardens featuring a
magnifient landscape with Arashiyama as its background.
Admission fee is 500 yen.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Kinkakuji Temple, 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita-ku, Kyoto 603-8361 Kyoto Prefecture
Kinkaku-ji Temple is very well known as one of Japan's leading tourist attractions and some may notice that the admission ticket appears in one scene in the movie “Bohemian Rhapsody”.
The reflection of the Golden Pavilion in the pond with beautifully trimmed pine trees and precious rocks around it is truly something
reminiscent of Buddha’s Pure land.
Admission fee is 400 yen.
Duration: 50 minutes
Departure Point :Kyoto Station, Kyoto, Japan
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Accessible for those with limited eye sight
- Accessible for those with limited mobility
- Animals or pets allowed
- Infant seats unavailable
- Infants must not sit on laps
- Not stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We have turned all of our tours private, so you can enjoy them safely together with your family or friends.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.