Kyoto and Nara 1 Day Bus Tour
This tour will take you to see the famous 1000 vermilion gates at Fushimi Inari Grand Shrine, Arashiyama, UNESCO world heritage site Kinkaku-ji temple and Todaiji & Nara park. Enjoy an easy and relaxing bus ride, see famous sites in 2 cities in 1 day without the hassle of changing trains and getting lost.
The best time to see the Autumn colors in Arashiyama starts from Nov 20th.
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary in English or Chinese
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Roundtrip bus fare
- Entry/Admission - Kinkakuji Temple
What's excluded :
- Lunch (There are many restaurants in the area to choose from, including Halal and vegan)
- Entrance fee to Todaiji temple 500yen (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Todai-ji Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kinkakuji Temple, 1 Kinkakujicho, Kita-ku, Kyoto 603-8361 Kyoto Prefecture
Meet your guide in Osaka or Kyoto and head towards the first spot of the tour: the Golden Pavilion "Kinkakuji". Also named Rakuonji, it is the symbol of Kyoto and one of the most famous UNESCO sites in the entire country.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Arashiyama, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto 616-0007 Kyoto Prefecture
The next stop of the tour is Arashiyama, the bamboo forest which changes with the seasons. Its scenery can be enjoyed at any time of the year, with cherry blossoms in spring, boat festivals in summer, red leaves in autumn and snow white mountains in winter. Arashiyama is also filled with temples and shrines including the match-making shrine you can visit during your walk through the bamboo grove. For your lunch, there are a variety of restaurants to choose from right next to the Togetsukyo bridge.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, 68 Fukakusa Yabunouchicho, Fushimi-ku, Kyoto 612-0882 Kyoto Prefecture
After lunch, head towards Fushimi Inari Shrine. Designated as an Important Cultural Property, the main shrine building contains five shrines together, these five pillars of Fushimi Inari Taisha are named for the great virtues of Inari Okami that they embody. Inari Okami is known as a deity of business prosperity, the prosperity of industries, the safety of households, safety in traffic and improvement in the performing arts. The 'Senbon Torii' or 10000 torii gates are donations by individuals and companies, and you will find the donator's name and the date of the donation inscribed on the back of each gate.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Nara Park, 469 Zoshicho, Nara 630-8501 Nara Prefecture
Finally, move on to the city that once was the country's capital in the 8th century: Nara. You will have time to explore its park, cuddle the worldwide famous deer and enter the biggest wooden building of the planet, Todai-ji Temple, another UNESCO world heritage site. Here you will find yourself in front of Japan’s biggest Buddha statue, 15 meters tall.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Todai-ji Temple, 406-1 Zoushi-cho, Nara 630-8587 Nara Prefecture
At Nara park, you will have time to explore the Todaiji temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site which was constructed over 1200 years ago as the head of all provincial Buddhist temples in Japan. The main hall houses one of the largest statues of Buddha, which is 15m tall.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :1: VIP Lounge Kyoto, Japan, 〒601-8417 Kyoto, Minami-ku, Nishikujō Toriiguchichō, 6−番地 1F・2F
2: VIP Villa Namba, 1-chōme-2-1 Nanbanaka, Naniwa-ku, Osaka, 556-0011, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please be on time. The tour bus will depart as scheduled.
- Depending on traffic and road conditions, the time spent at each sightseeing spot may be shortened.
- This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Trip Advisor / Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Depending on the number of participants, English and Chinese commentary might be given in the same bus.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.