Kurashiki Rickshaw Tour
Discover Kurashiki the traditional way: on a rickshaw. As a shogunate crown colony in the Edo period (1603~1868), Kurashiki enjoyed prosperity by storing goods and products from all over Japan. Alongside the canals are white-wall Japanese style warehouses and traditional Japanese houses with willow trees on the bank. This tour can be customized to your preferred departure time, ending point, and length.
per adult from
30 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking driver/guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ohara Museum of Art, 1-1-15 Chuo, Kurashiki 710-8575 Okayama Prefecture
stunning art museum, worth checking out prior or after the rickshaw tour.
Pass By: Ohashi House, 3-21-31 Achi, Kurashiki 710-0055 Okayama Prefecture
A nationally important cultural asset. It was a mansion built for and by the Ohashi merchant family.
Pass By: Kurashiki Ivy Square, 7-2 Hommachi, Kurashiki 710-0054 Okayama Prefecture
A large square with red brick walls, covered with ivy.
Pass By: Kanryuji Temple, 2-25-22, Achi, Kurashiki 710-0055 Okayama Prefecture
A buddhist temple located on top of a hill.
Stop At: Achi Shrine, 12-1, Honmachi, Kurashiki 710-0054 Okayama Prefecture
A major Shrine in Kurashiki. With its many events and festivals throughout the year, it plays a great importance for the local residents.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Kurashiki Monogatari Museum, 2-23-18 Achi, Kurashiki 710-0055 Okayama Prefecture
Meeting place for the rickshaw tour.
Pass By: Ebisuya Kurashiki, 2-23-18 Achi Place to Ride: Kurashiki Monogatarikan, Kurashiki 710-0055 Okayama Prefecture
your tour operator for a memorable rickshaw tour through Kurashiki. Attractions and route depend on the selected tour duration.
Pass By: Chugoku Bank Kurashiki Hommachi Branch Office, 3-1 Hommachi, Kurashiki 710-0054 Okayama Prefecture
One of the retro concrete buildings contrasting with the overall wooden buildings of the preserved district in Kurashiki
Pass By: Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter, Hommachi, Kurashiki 710-0054 Okayama Prefecture
With the small river flowing through the heart of the traditional district of Kurashiki, you will enjoy the view of the many weeping willows lining this river, as well as the well-preserved wooden buildings
Departure Point :1-chōme-1-5 Chūō, Kurashiki, Okayama 710-0046, Japan
Return Detail :人力車のえびす屋 倉敷店, Japan, 〒710-0054 Okayama, Kurashiki, Chūō, 1-chōme−1, 本町８−２１
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Expecting mothers in their first 16 weeks of pregnancy are not permitted to ride a rickshaw
- Adult pricing applies to age seven and over
- Please note that you can join a tour anytime between 9:30am to 5:30pm on the day of reservation
- Child rate (age six years or under) applies only when children sit on an adult’s lap without occupying a seat
- A maximum of two adults per rickshaw. Up to two children (age six years or under) can ride with two adults (children have to ride on an adult's lap)
- While rickshaws are able to fit two adults, each rickshaw is 29.1 inches (74 centimeters) wide, and it is sometimes more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger. For larger passengers, we recommend booking a rickshaw for each participant to ensure a comfortable ride. Passengers who do not both fit in one rickshaw but wish to participate in a tour at the same time will be required to purchase an additional rickshaw, which may not be available on the date of the tour with an English-speaking guide if not booked in advance. Those customers who do not purchase an additional rickshaw at the time of booking cannot be guaranteed availability.
- Wheelchair and stroller friendly
- May be operated by a multilingual driver, subject to availability; please ask for a driver who speaks your language at the Departure Point
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Selected starting time is not automatically guaranteed. The time will be confirmed by email within 24 hours of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.