Kuala Selangor Tour from Kuala Lumpur with Fireflies Boat Ride and Seafood Dinner
Escape busy Kuala Lumpur for a night and get closer to Malaysia’s nature with a visit to Kuala Selangor. Learn about this city’s interesting history on a tour of a royal burial ground and an ancient fort, and enjoy a seafood dinner in a local fishing village. Your highlight will surely be your evening boat ride through mangrove forests; as night falls, you’ll encounter thousands of twinkling fireflies!
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat ride
- Entry/Admission - Kuala Selangor Nature Park (Taman Alam Kuala Selangor)
What's excluded :
- Additional beverages during meals
- You’ll be picked up from your Kuala Lumpur hotel in the afternoon for a tranquil escape from the busy city. Your knowledgeable guide will take you 1 hour northeast to Kuala Selangor, the former royal capital of the state of Selangor and home to Kampung Kuantan, a quiet village housing one of the world’s largest firefly colonies.
When you arrive, head to Kota Melawati (formerly known as Fort Altingsburg) located on Bukit Melawati, a hill at the mouth of the Selangor River. Explore the ruins of this old fort and see cannons and other artifacts from the early 1900s that overlook the expansive wetlands at the base of the hill.
Here, you’ll also see the Royal Mausoleum -- a royal burial ground containing the graves of the first three Sultans of Selangor -- as well as the legendary 100 staircase, which was created as a means to climb up Selangor Hill but is also a fabled execution block.
Head to Kuala Selangor Nature Park at the foot of Bukit Melawati, where your guide will help point out migratory birds. If you’re lucky, you may spot silvered-leaf monkeys and rare species of bird and butterflies native to this region.
At dusk, proceed to a nearby fishing village for a seafood dinner. You’ll dine on the fresh catch of the day, giving you a taste of authentic Malaysian flavors.
After dinner, take a short drive to Kampung Kuantan to board a typical Malaysian wooden row boat. Relax and enjoy the lush scenery as your skilled oarsmen row upstream through mangroves. As you enter the darkness of the night, you’ll witness one of nature’s most incredible phenomena – tiny twinkling lights of thousands of fireflies swarming among the trees. This is truly a magical sight!
Your boat ride will last between 30-45 minutes, and you’ll be driven back to your hotel afterward with an amazing story to tell.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-up and drop-off service operates only for hotels within the Kuala Lumpur central city limits. If you are staying in the area of KL Sentral, Ampang, Petaling Jaya, Subang, Sunway, Seri Kembangan, Sepang, Putrajaya, etc, pickup service available with surcharge.
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and an insect repellant are recommended
- Please note that hotel pickup and drop-off service operates only for hotels within the Kuala Lumpur central city limits. If you are staying at the following hotels, please either make your own way to a hotel in central Kuala Lumpur or contact the local tour operator after booking to arrange pickup service for an additional fee (contact info will be provided on your confirmation voucher):
- Greater Kuala Lumpur: Le Meridien, Hilton, Cititel, Boulevard MidValley, Pearl International, Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya, Crystal Crown, Armada, Holiday Villa Subang, Grand Dorset Subang, Petaling Jaya Hilton, Sunway Lagoon, One World Damansara
- Sri Kembangan: Palace of the Golden Horses
- Shah Alam: Holiday Inn Glenmarie, The Saujana, all hotels within the Shah Alam area
- Putrajaya & KLIA: Putrajaya Shangrila, Putrajaya Marriott, Cyberview Lodge, Equatorial Bangi, Pan Pacific KLIA, Concorde Inn KLIA
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.