Kuala Selangor Fireflies Tour From Kuala Lumpur
This tour is called " A NIGHT OF THOUSAND STARS". The wonderful sight provided by Mother Nature. These are species of insects that provides lights like a electric bulbs. We also get to see special kind of Monkeys (BLACK SILVER LEAF), very human friendly. Guest can feed them bread, peanuts and fruits.
After which we will drive to a fishing village to have SEAFOOD DINNER at a restaurant built on the RIVER BANK. This is an excellent evening with family and children.
15:00 HRS – Pick-up from the hotel.
16:15 HRS – Visit the SILVER LEAF MONKEYS (very friendly & Humane)
17:30 HRS – Drive to a FISHING VILLAGE to have a SEAFOOD DINNER at a restaurant built on the RIVER BANK.
19:00 HRS – Depart to see the FIREFLIES (INSECTS THAT PROVIDE LIGHTS) by boat for 25 minutes.
20:15 HRS – Depart to your hotel in IN KUALA LUMPUR (drive back to hotel is about 1hr)
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned Vehicle
- English Speaking Driver
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop-off
- Seafood Dinner
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance for Boat Ride
- Fireflies (Kelip-Kelip in Malay) belong to the family Lampyridae and are members of the largest order in the insect kingdom, Coleoptera. Lampyrids have fascinated man for centuries and have become part of his mythology, folklore, fashion, medicine and literature. The feature that makes fireflies attract the interest of scientists and appeal to even the most casual observer, and the one which earns them their name, is their ability to produce a fascinating display of light. This light is used as a means of sexual communication between the males and females of a particular species. Each species is known to develop its own mating signal to avoid being confused with other species in the same vicinity and each species also differs in the colour and pattern of its light, the length of its flash, whether it is displayed in flight or upon resting on the ground or on the trees.
Watching fireflies (Kelip-Kelip in Bahasa Melayu) is an enchanting experience in Kuala Selangor, there is nothing like cruising on a boat along the river in the night to capture the beauty of this natural wonder. A nervous excitement fills most people as they step into the boats, as the darkness is quite thick at first. In a matter of moments your eyes adjust and the fairy like lights of the fireflies line the shore.
We can get the famous fireflies (Kelip-kelip) during nights along Selangor River (Sungai Selangor). The fireflies (kelip-kelip) all are found on the mangrove tree species called berembang. Kuala Selangor is said that this is one of the biggest firefly colonies in the world. A trip to Kuala Selangor would be incomplete without exploring the uniqueness and miracles of the fireflies (firefly) alongside the Sungai Selangor.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant no rates (they do not occupy a seat)
- Dress code is casual - comfortable shoes
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Most travelers can participate
- All people can
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.