Kowloon Walled City Tour – 2 Hours
● Explore Kowloon’s Walled City and marvel at the infamous former den of crime
● Learn about the history of the Walled City and get a chance to see a scale-model to help you imagine what it looked like
● Listen as your knowledgeable tour guide regales you with stories about how the residents lived in close kinship with one another
per adult from
What's included :
- English speaking tour guide
- Private Customised Walking Tour
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Kowloon Walled City Park
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kowloon Walled City Park, Tung Tau Tsuen, Kowloon, Hong Kong China
Today the Kowloon Walled City Park is known for its decorative pathways, archways and bridges – a far cry from its dark past. Probably one of the most infamous residential areas in Hong Kong, Kowloon Walled City was once an extremely densely populated area filled to the brim with storey upon storey of shanties. Narrow passageways lacking water and proper sewage created a setting where baddies of every sort flourished: gangs, criminals, drug dealers in opium dens and gamblers.
Marvel at the close-knit community of the residents (some just trying to survive), learn about their way of life, and see the scale-model of the Walled City by the park’s entrance to imagine how the area was. While the living conditions may be disturbing, the survival instinct and kinship among the residents remains a positive lining amidst the rather dark reality that was once Kowloon’s Walled City.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :MTR Lok Fu Station, Lo Fu Ngam, Hong Kong
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for people with mobility impairments
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.