Kotor - Risan - Monastery Ostrog
This tour starts in front of a port of Kotor, where your driver-guide will pick you up. First, you
will see panorama of Risan. Risan is a beautiful historical city from 3. Century. In the city center
there are Roman mosaics. After one hour in Risan, you continue to Monastery Ostorg, the most
famous functional orthodox monastery founded in 17 th century. First, you visit the upper monastery
built on the rock and consisted of two temples: the Church of the Presentation and the Church of the
Holy Cross. This monastery is the third Orthodox holy shrine in size in the world and not only that
Orthodox believers come to this place, but Catholics and Muslims as well. You finish the tour at the
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Round-trip private transfer
- Private tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Risan se nalazi na krajnjen sjevernom dijelu Boke Kotorske, oivičen sa juga Risanskim zalivom, a sa ostalih strana strmim padinama, obroncima karakterističnim u geomorfološkom smislu za čitav Dinarski sistem kojem pripadaju. Grad datira iz 3. veka p. n. e. i za njega su znali Heleni.
Osnovalo ga je ilirsko pleme Rizunita, a u antičko vrijeme zaliv Boku Kotorsku su po njemu zvali Risanski zaliv (Sinus Rhizonicus). Mjesto je nakon osnivanja postalo središte Ilirske države i glavna njihova tvrđava: ilirska plemena su doživela najveći napredak pod vođstvom kraljice Teute koja je iz njega vladala. U sjedistu grada nalaze se Rimski Mozaici, koje vrijede posjetiti!This excursion gives you an opportunity to make a pilgrimage tour to the famous functional orthodox monastery –
Ostrog, founded by the Metropolitan Bishop of Hercegovina Basil in the middle of the 17th century. After his death he was buried and canonized here. First, you can visit the upper monastery built on the rock and consisted of two temples: the Church of the Presentation (the 18th century) and the Church of the Holy Cross (1665). In the Church of the Presentation St. Basil of Ostrog spent 15 years in prayers. There is a reliquary with the hallows St. Basil of Ostrog in the temple. This monastery is the third Orthodox holy shrine in size in the world. It is worth mentioning that not only Orthodox believers come to this place but Catholics and Muslims as well.
Departure Point :For travelers from the ship, tour departs from the port terminal, where our driver guide will be holding a sign saying your full name. Any other traveler choose their departure location regarding they needs such as hotel / apartment location.
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable lightweight clothing
- Good walking shoes or sneakers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.