Kotagede Heritage Walking Tour Yogyakarta
To experience what the past look like in Kotagede, Travelovers can explore this historical site by enjoying our half-day Kotagede Heritage tour which include Kotagede Traditional Market, King Tombs of Mataram Kingdom , Old alleys, Between Two Gates, Watu Gilang, and Kotagede Mosque considered as the oldest mosque in Yogyakarta. Kotagede also offers experience for those who enjoy old and antique architecture. Kotagede is also the center for silver art and some silver handicrafts. In this walking tour with TRAVELXISM, you will also learn how to make silver handicraft yourself!.
We practise sustainable tour concept. We are trying to minimise the one-single plastic use in our tour, so we ban single plastic use of water bottle and provide refill water. We are also involving local community/people in our tour. For those who arrange accomodation through TRAVELXISM, we partner with a 3-star hotel that also practise eco-friendly and sustainable concept.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Tour
- Air-conditioned car/van hire
- English speaking driver
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fee in several destination
- Refill mineral water
- Fuel and parking fee
- Entry/Admission - Mataram Kings Cemetery Kotagede
What's excluded :
- Flight to Indonesia and Yogyakarta
- Personal expenses
- Silver Art Workshop (Extra US$20 if you want to do a silver art workshop paid on tour day)
- Others not mentioned in the inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kotagede Mosque, Kotagede Jln. Gilang WT, 55173 Indonesia
We will start the tour around the mosque area where you learn the history of the mosque and get knowledge about Islam as the biggest religion in Indonesia
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mataram Kings Cemetery Kotagede, Kotagede, Jagalan, Banguntapan, Bantul 55222 Indonesia
Here you will be dressed up to enter the cemetary park because you enter the tomb of the Yogyakarta's previous King. You will learn the history and the heritage about this area and building
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Pasar Legi Kota Gede, Jl. Mentaok Raya, 55173 Indonesia
You will see and explore the first and oldest market in Yogyakarta and learn the history behind it. You will also experience buying something in the market and try to interact with local people.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Between Two Gates, Jl. Masjid Besar No.905 Purbayan, Kotagede, Bantul 55713 Indonesia
This used to be the old square during the Islamic Mataram Kingdom era. As the time has gone by, there are lots of houses built in this area. However, you can still now see the old architecture of these gates
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at the hotel you are staying and drop off either at the hotel or destination you want to visit as long as it is still in Yogyakarta area.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.