Hiking duration is from 5 to 6 hours, starting point is at shore of Bohinj Lake. We can pick you up on a bus station or somewhere else.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- After a short drive adjacent the shore of Bohinj Lake through beech forests to Savica Falls we begin our ascent to the Komna Mountain Hut walking along a former 1st World War trail which traverses back and forth up the mountainside through a beautiful beech forest. The trail is very well made and has stood the test of time with a well made series of switchbacks underpinned by substantial stoneworks at key sections as we traverse the otherwise steep mountainside. Throughout the walk you will see many remnants of such stonework laid down by soldiers from the 1st World War which make up our route along a former supply line mule trail. Thankfully, as a result of the soldiers endeavours, the walking is fairly easy and within 2.5 hours we will emerge at the Komna Hut commanding stunning views of Bohinj Lake, Vogel and neighbouring mountains – the perfect place for our lunch stop where you can either picnic outdoors or purchase food and enjoy panoramic views towards Bohinj Lake from the Komna Hut. After lunch we the descend by the same route back to Savica Falls. However, if you wish to extend this trip we can continue the walk to Planina na Kraju where you can see various remnants of buildings from the 1st World War before back to Savica Falls.
Departure Point :Bohinj Lake
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.