Koh Ker Group Exploration
Koh Ker is an abandoned city of Khmer Empire. It has hundred temples, but many are hidden in the jungle. Prasat Krahom where impressive stone carvings grace lintels, doorposts and slender window columns. The principal monument is Mayan-looking Prasat Thom, a 55m-wide, 40m-high sandstone-faced pyramid whose seven tiers offer spectacular views across the surrounding rice fields and rain forest.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up & drop off from / at your hotel
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Cool water and towels
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fee (allow US$10.00 per person)
- Tipping and personal expenses
- All expenses are not mentioned as above
- Entry/Admission - Koh Ker Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Koh Ker Temple, 100 Km North of Siem Reap Cambodia
This is a full day tour which will take us into the next province of Preah Vihear to visit the “Lost Jungle” temple of Koh Ker. We’ll come and get you from your hotel around 8 o’clock in the morning after you’ve eaten breakfast. We’ll then start the journey to Koh Ker temple along National Road 6.
Along the way, we’ll stop at Dom Dek Market which is a popular local market on the busy highway. Here, you can see how the locals go about their every day lives and take some time explore the market.
We’ll then continue along our 3 hour drive to Koh Ker temple which is an abandoned temple group which used to be the capital city of the Angkorian empire from AD 928 to AD 944. It’s one of the most remote temples in Cambodia and you’ll be only one of few visitors there at any given time.
Our tour will start with the impressive Prasat Krahom which has stunning stone carvings throughout. We’ll then continue to the famous Prasat Thom which means “Big Temple” and this temple will have stark similarities with Mayan Temples which you might find in Central America. You’ll see a 55m wide and 40m high pyramid temple with 7 tiers.
After exploring the temples at Koh Ker, we’ll start the 3 hour journey back to Siem Reap town
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.