Knysna Heads & Estuary Adventure Tour
This spectacular cruise takes you across the Knysna Lagoon and out to sea through the Knysna Heads to explore the coves, caves and bays of our rugged and beautiful coastline. Ocean Odyssey’s Heads adventure serves to highlight both the geological characteristics and the biodiversity of Knysna’s estuarine and marine environment. We show you the expansive estuary and then head into the Knysna Heads where you are able to see the impressive sandstone cliffs, the ancient caves and outcrops of this famous landmark.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water - Available on request
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ocean Odyssey, TH 44 Long Street Thesen Harbour Town, Knysna 6571 South Africa
Guests will check-in 30 minutes prior to departure at our reception where they are required to sign an indemnity form. Once all guests have checked in our crew will start preparing them with life jackets. Once every one is ready they will be given a briefing on the tour they will be departing on and what to expect. A safety briefing will be given by the skipper once all guests have boarded the boat before departing.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Knysna Lagoon, The coast of the city, Knysna 6571 South Africa
The Knysna Heads & Estuary Adventure tour focuses on the Knysna Lagoon and its beautiful scenery and vast array of Birdlife that inhabit the estuary. The tour takes you around the estuary and to the iconis Knysna Heads. The skipper and the guide will provide you with loads of information about Knysna, the lagoon and the heads.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Knysna Heads, Coney Glen Road, Knysna 6571 South Africa
The Knysna Heads is an iconic feature here in Knysna. Our tour take you to the heads and if conditions are ideal we may even pop out and show you the caves and coves that skirt the headlands.
Departure Point :Ocean Odyssey Whale Watching Knysna, TH44 Long St, Thesen, Harbour Town, Knysna, 6571, South Africa
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 37 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.