Knots of Compassion - Full Day Handicraft Indulgence Tour From Jaipur
India has been a land of numerous ancient arts, crafts, & traditions. Some of them have been lost in time & some have been preserved by practitioners over generations.
Experience one of them, the timeless craft of carpet weaving & meet the artisans who are keeping alive the art of hand-knotting. Detailing & intricacies of which will leave you fascinated. Enjoy joyful conversations full of wisdom and inspiration. The barriers of language and culture fade away as you become part of their simple lives for a few hours. Create emotional bonds beyond borders. Experience the love and innocence hidden at the grassroots. Indulge in the rustic charm of villages from Rajasthan. Listen to the stories of unsung heroes, give a wake-up call to all your positivity residing inside you by meeting our global artisans.
“Be a part of this unique experience of human healing, and find yourself by losing
yourself in the beauty of craftsmanship, emotions, and belief”.
per adult from
What's included :
- The setup of the loom on which the knotting of rugs is done and the threads used in process
- Lunch - Organic traditional meals prepared from locally grown ingredients
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Any personal expenses not mentioned in inclusions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aspura, Rajasthan, India
Aspura is a small village in the historical town of Samode, where the locals are indulged in the ancient craft of hand knotted rugs. Also there a re numerous abandoned 'havelis' to explore.
Head to the village from Jaipur in the morning time and reach here within a span of around 1.5 hours. The journey will lead you amidst lovely views, colorful attires and dusty yet amazing aura. Get a warm and happy welcome from the villagers along with the welcome drinks.
You can then sit in the verandah and enjoy some chit-chat sessions with them while learning their stories in detail. Enjoy a few hours in the zone where rugs are in process of making and you may learn some old-school to modern methods from which many people are away due to modernization. Surely, you will not be able to stop cherishing the art while discussing the details with the locals. You would definitely end up appreciating their collective efforts.
Then it's time to kill your hunger pangs! As you begin to feast on the delicious home cooked traditional organic meals, you may even ask the recipes of your favorite dish. Good food always makes you
happy, so in any case, it's a no miss.
After meals go on for exploration of the centuries old abandoned ‘Havelis’ in the village. Each one of them have a different story to tell.
Once you have enjoyed the lovely session of lunch, adore some more moments of love and happiness, post which it's time to head back home. The villagers bid farewell to you with local souvenirs as per their local tradition, 'Safas' for men and 'Odhanis' for women. Take back not just memories but the practice of crafting unique rugs that are gaining fame all over the world slowly but beautifully.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Jaipur Rugs, G-250, New Sanganer Rd, RIICO Industrial Area, Mansarovar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302020, India
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.