Kiyomizu-dera Temple Tour with Nationally-Licensed Guide
Enjoy a guided tour of one of the most celebrated temples in Japan, Kiyomizu-dera, accompanied by a nationally-licensed and experienced multilingual guide.
Founded over 1200 years ago, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is best known for its wooden stage that juts out from its main hall, 13 meters above the hillside below. Among the interesting stories you can learn on this tour include the traditional construction methods of this stage, notably the absence of any nails. Most impressive of all are the stunning views you can enjoy of the city views of Kyoto in the distance.
Learn about many more historical and lesser known sides of this popular temple from your expert guide. A Kyoto excursion full of value for the time-conscious traveler!
Note*1: The Nationally-licensed Tour Guide-Interpreter certification is issued by the Japanese government requires a good knowledge and understanding of Japanese culture and history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed Local Guide
- Free photos
What's excluded :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kiyomizu-dera Temple, 1-294 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto 605-0862 Kyoto Prefecture
With a licensed and experienced English speaking guide, this short trip is a fantastic and great value way of experiencing Japan!
Kiyomizudera is one of the most celebrated temples of Japan. Kiyomizudera is best known for its wooden stage that juts out from its main hall, 13 meters above the hillside below. The stage affords visitors a nice view of the numerous cherry and maple trees below that erupt in a sea of color in spring and fall, as well as of the city of Kyoto in the distance.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1-chōme-311 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, 605-0862, Japan
Return Detail :Kiyomizu-dera, 1-chōme-294 Kiyomizu, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, 605-0862, Japan
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.