Kimono Lesson & Tea Ceremony with Licensed Tea Master (Near Tokyo Tower)
Wear a kimono, the exquisite versatile garment of ancient Japan, in one of its most natural settings: a tea ceremony.
In the first half of this program, guests are taught the many facets to formal kimono dressing by a professional kimono instructor and have a short photoshoot in front of a gold screen and/or a nearby outside location (Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple, etc.)
Next, a professional tea master takes you through the profound processes of the Japanese tea ceremony, a practice deeply connected to Zen Buddhism. In this experience, you'll enjoy a delicateJapanese "higashi" sweet confection and matcha tea made in the proceses of the ceremony. You can try the traditional tea making processes out for yourself.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bilingual Kimono Specialist
- Use of Kimono/Yukata (Japanese Traditional Dress)
- Bilingual Tea Master
- Authentic Matcha Green Tea
- Traditional "Higashi" Cakes
- Genuine Tea Ceremony Service
What's excluded :
- Pick up & Drop off Services
- In the first half of this program, guests are taught the many facets to formal kimono dressing. You will be dressed by a kimono specialist, who will advise you on the steps and procedures to putting on a kimono yourself. Once dressed, there will be time for photo opportunities in your kimono at Zojo-ji temple, Tokyo Tower, or one of the surrounding shrines (weather permitting).
You will then proceed to your tea ceremony experience. Tea ceremony is a serene Japanese art with a long and complex history. It is known as a comprehensive Japanese art for its ability to encompass so many parts of Japanese culture and nature. As part of your experience, the tea master will prepare for you traditional higashi sweets, and show you the art to preparing matcha tea in the processes of their tea school. They will also explain to you the traditions and meanings behind the ceremony's rituals. Following the demonstration, you will have the opportunity to prepare the tea using the processes of the tea ceremony yourself.
All activities will now take place in our brand-new-for-2019 cultural experiences room, Grand TJT. Current website photos do not represent this location.
• Tokyo Tower, 4-chome 2-8, Shibakoen, Minato 105-0011 Tokyo Prefecture
• Zojo-ji Temple, 4-7-35, Shibakoen, Minato 105-0011 Tokyo Prefecture
• Matcha Tea
• Traditional Higashi Sweets
Departure Point :Tokyo Tower, 4 Chome-3 Shibakoen, Minato City, Tokyo 105-0011, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.