Kilimanjaro Day Hike
Majestic Mount Kilimanjaro is the awe-inspiring landmark of Tanzania but you don’t need to climb it to experience its full beauty and the captivating terrain that surrounds it. Our Sneak Peek of the Peak Hike is a Kilimanjaro day trip that gives you the opportunity to scramble up the first leg of the famed Marangu Route, through rain forest twittering with bird life and chattering, curious blue monkeys. Watch out for a colobus or two !
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Experienced guide
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
What's excluded :
- Personal items
- Gratuities / “tip” for guide/driver
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
You will be picked up in the morning at your hotel in Moshi and taken to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (Marangu Gate, 1860m). The drive will take approximately 1 hour. Once the necessary gate registration has been completed, your trek can begin and you will soon be hiking through the dense Kilimanjaro rainforest.
Alongside the impressive vegetation, you will have the chance to catch a glimpse of black and white colobus monkeys, blue monkeys and various bird species. Our knowledgeable English-speaking guide will inform you about Kilimanjaro and will explain the different species of plants and animals you will see. You will also meet mountain climbers descending from the top, and perhaps some of them will tell you of their experiences and you can start to dream about a climb of your own!
After a 3-4 hour hike, you will reach Mandara Hut (2700m), where you will have a well-earned rest and lunch. Your guide will then take you on a short hike (15 minutes walking distance) to the Maundi Crater, where you can enjoy wonderful views of Mount Kilimanjaro, Northern Tanzania and Kenya. Once you have thoroughly enjoyed the views, you will return to the Marangu Gate (2-3 hours walking distance), where your vehicle will be waiting for your transfer back to your hotel. On your return journey you can enjoy the sunset and the day‘s memories.
Altitude gain: 1860m to 2700m
Distance (one way): 8 km
Hiking time: 3 - 4 hours up / 2 - 3 hours down (total time 5 - 7 hours)
Habitat: Mountain Forest
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- We offer FREE pick up service from Hotels/Places in radius of 15km from Moshi City Center. - Pick up from Hotels/places out of this range of 15km radius from Moshi City Center additional cost will apply (to be negotiated).
Departure Time :1/26/2020 - 1/7/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.