Kilimanjaro climbing - 7 Days Machame Route
Kilimanjaro Machame Route also known as Whisky Route, this is one of the most scenic and therefore popular routes on the mountain and offers adventurous climbers stunning scenic vistas. With paths through magnificent forests to gain a ridge leading through the moorland zones to late sunsets at Shira Plateau to the misty revelations of Kibo at the great Barranco Wall.
It then traverses beneath the glaciated precipices of the Southern Ice fields to join the Barafu Route to the summit. Because it can be done over longer periods and the incline is more manageable it has a much higher success rate of summit.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up and drop off at Kilimanjaro International Airport.
- Pre & Post Trek accommodation.
- Park fees, camping fees, rescue fees and 18% VAT on tour fees & services.
- 4 Season mountain tents
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate.
- Professional mountain guides, cooks and porters.
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain.
- Filtered water throughout the trek.
- Oxygen machine.
- Portable flush toilet can be provided with additional cost upon client’s request.
What's excluded :
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- A doctor for the group
- Tips to mountain crew
DAY 1: MACHAME GATE – MACHAME CAMP: 10.75K /7MI | 5-6 HRS | RAINFOREST
Elevation: 1811m/5942ft to 3021m/9911ft
Altitude gained: 1210m
DAY 2: MACHAME CAMP – SHIRA CAMP: 5.3KM/3MI | 4-5HRS | MOORLAND
Elevation: 3021m/9911ft to 3839m/12,595ft
Altitude gained: 818m
DAY 3: SHIRA CAMP – LAVA TOWER – BARRANCO CAMP: 10.75KM/6MI | 5-6HRS | SEMI DESERT
Elevation: 3839m/12,595ft to 3986m/13,077ft
Altitude gained: 147m
DAY 4: BARRANCO CAMP – KARANGA CAMP: 5.2KM/3MI | 3-4HRS | ALPINE DESERT
Elevation: 3986m/13,077ft to 4034m/13,235ft
Altitude gained: 48m
DAY 5: HIKE KARANGA CAMP – BARAFU CAMP: 3.3KM /2 MI | 3-4HRS | ALPINE DESERT
Elevation: 4034m/13,235ft to 4662m/15,295ft
Altitude gained: 628m
DAY 6: BARAFU CAMP – SUMMIT: 4.86KM /3MI UP | 5-7HRS | – MWEKA CAMP: 11.5KM /7.2MI DOWN | 5-6HRS | GLACIERS, SNOW CAPPED SUMMIT
Elevation: 4662m/15,295ft to 5895m/19,341ft
Altitude gained: 1233m
Descent to 3106m/10,190ft
Altitude lost: 2789m
DAY 7: MWEKA CAMP – MWEKA GATE – MOSHI: 9.1KM/6MI |3-4HRS | RAINFOREST
Elevation: 3106m/10,190ft to 1633m/5358ft
Altitude lost: 1473m
From the gate, our driver will meet you at Mweka gate to drive you back to your hotel in Moshi (about 30 minutes).
• Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
we pick up from any hotel in Moshi and Arusha.Airports
- Kilimanjaro Airport, Kilimanjaro National Park Tanzania
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.