Kilimanjaro Climb via Machame Route- 8 Days
Machame route, also known as the Whiskey Route, is one of the most popular routes on Mount Kilimanjaro. Approximately 50% of the trekkers are believed to have used this route to ascend Kilimanjaro in the past. Choosing this route means smooth acclimatization and amazing views on the hiking trail. The route is very scenic and it provides hikers with incredible views and varying landscapes. The Machame route is relatively difficult but there are no parts on the route that require technical skills. The route is suitable for more adventurous people or those with some high altitude hiking experience. Himalayan Glacier offers Machame route on a more enjoyable way to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro through stunning terrains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport pickups and drops at Kilimanjaro International Airport on a private vehicle.
- Transfer to the trailhead from the hotel and back after the trip.
- All the park fees collected by the Kilimanjaro & Tanzania National park authority. Authority.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel (Aishi Machame Hotel or similar) with breakfast.
- Tented accommodation during the trip (4 season North Face VE25 Tents)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the trek prepared by professional high-altitude cooks.
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water).
- 4-inch thick and comfortable sleeping mats.
- All necessary camping equipment (dining tents, camping table & chairs, crockery, cutlery, etc.)
- Medical kits and GPS tracking service.
- An experienced, English speaking trek leader licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park.
- Dedicated support crew including assistant guides, porters, cooks, etc.)
What's excluded :
- Tanzania visa fee.
- International flights.
- Extra night accommodation due to early arrival or late departure in Moshi.
- Lunch and evening meals at the hotel (before and after the trip).
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal gear rentals and other expenses (phone calls, laundry, etc,)
- Tips for the guides, porters and other supporting staff.
Day 01: Arrival in Kilimanjaro; drive to Moshi
Day 02: Trekking from Machame Gate to Machame Camp
Day 03: Trekking from Machame Camp to Shira 2 Camp.
Day 04: Trekking Shira 2 Camp to Lava Tower; descend to Barranco Camp
Day 05: Trekking from Barranco Camp to Barafu Camp
Day 06: Climb Uhuru Peak and Descent to Millennium Camp
Day 07: Descent from Millenium Camp to Mweka Gate
Day 08: Final Departure
• Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers can arrive any day and time before the trip starts. We will make the necessary arrangements accordingly.Ports
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.