Kilimanjaro Classic Climb via Marangu route- 8 Days
The Kilimanjaro Classic Climb via Marangu route in unique in a sense that it provides extra comfort to the travelers with their permanent sleeping huts. Spectacular vistas of the Mawenzi and Kibo Peaks during the hike are something to relish as you walk the gradual slopes and more direct paths. This route is considered by many as the easiest as well as the busiest among all other routes. Commonly known as the Coca Cola route, it was the first established commercial trekking route on Kilimanjaro. This busy route encompasses scenic detours past rainforest waterfalls and picturesque plant life before making the final ascent to the top. Considering an extra night at Horombo Hut for acclimatization is indeed very crucial on this route as the short time frame makes altitude adaptation quite difficult. After reaching the top of the peak, you will descend down walking the same path and exit through the same gate that you entered earlier.
per adult from
What's included :
- Airport pickups and drops at Kilimanjaro International Airport on a private vehicle.
- Transfer to the trailhead from the hotel and back after the trip.
- All the park fees collected by the Kilimanjaro & Tanzania National park authority. Authority.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a 3-star hotel (Aishi Machame Hotel or similar) with breakfast.
- Tented accommodation during the trip (4 season North Face VE25 Tents)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during the trek prepared by professional high-altitude cooks.
- All drinks on the hike (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and water).
- 4-inch thick and comfortable sleeping mats.
- All necessary camping equipment (dining tents, camping table & chairs, crockery, cutlery, etc.)
- Medical kits and GPS tracking service.
- An experienced, English speaking licensed trek leader.
- Dedicated support crew including assistant guides, porters, cooks, etc.)
What's excluded :
- Tanzania visa fee.
- International flights.
- Extra night accommodation due to early arrival or late departure in Moshi.
- Lunch and evening meals at the hotel (before and after the trip).
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal gear rentals and other expenses (phone calls, laundry, etc,)
- Tips for the guides, porters and other supporting staff.
Day 01: Arrival in Kilimanjaro; drive to Moshi(950)
Day 02: Trekking from Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut
Day 03: Trekking from Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut
Day 04: Acclimatization Day at Horombo Hut
Day 05: Trekking from Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
Day 06: Climb Uhuru Peak and Descent to Horombo Hut
Day 07: Descent from Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate
Day 08: Final Departure
• Mount Kilimanjaro, Kilimanjaro National Park 40000 Tanzania
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers can arrive any day or time before the trip starts. We will make the necessary arrangements accordingly. Airports
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.