Kid-Friendly Tour with Sistine Chapel and St Peter
You are in Rome and would love to visit Vatican City but are not sure the children would enjoy it. Think again!! This is a great 2,5hour, fully interactive tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and Saint Peter’s Basilica that will keep the whole family fully engaged. You won’t miss anything. The wonderful collections in the Galleries of Tapestries and Maps, Raphael’s Rooms and of course the Sistine Chapel and the very imposing Saint Peter’s Basilica. It has been designed to be a fun, learning experience for the kids but we know the whole family will be captivated.
Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican, some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. The Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Semi-Private tour
- Family friendly
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You meet your guide near Vatican City and with skip-the-line access the kids will be delighted, no queuing! Put your belongings in the Vatican cloakrooms and head straight for the museums. Throughout the visit there will be lots of games to play to keep the children occupied and there are prizes to be won; all the time the children will be learning about the wonderful artworks in a fun and exciting way. We know the kids will be amazed by the Greek and Roman statues and the sarcophagi of the Empresses Helena and Constantina, the mother and daughter of Constantine the Great. There are lots to see in the Galleries of Candelabra and Tapestries but we know the kids will love the Gallery of Maps. They also can’t fail to be in awe of the massive canvas in the Sobiesky Room and the amazing colors of Raphael’s Rooms.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The tour then arrives a perhaps one of the most well-known chapels in the world. The Sistine Chapel is where the elections for the new Pope takes place and is decorated with Michelangelo’s wonderful frescoes depicting The Last Judgment. No talking is allowed inside, so before you enter your guide will tell you a little about the creation of Adam and other biblical stories that are to be seen represented in the frescos.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The tour ends in Saint Peter’s Square next to the taxi ranks and bus station. Time for home and to reflect on a wonderful stress-free tour!
Because of the growing popularity of the current pope Francis and his intense activity in organising mass events in the Vatican some areas might get closed last minute without previous notice. This has already happened this year and can happen again during your Vatican tour: the Sistine chapel and/or the Basilica of Saint Peter might not be accessible. In case of such events our tour guide will provide you with a valuable alternative focusing the tour inside the Vatican museums.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.