Kid-Friendly London in a Day Tour with Westminster Abbey and Tower of London
During this kid-friendly full day tour you will be led by a Blue Badge guide to discover London and its most famous highlights! You will also visit two of the most iconic landmarks in the British capital: Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London.
Moreover, if it is scheduled on the day of your visit, you will also be able to admire the striking ceremony of the Changing of the Guard, right outside Buckingham Palace.
Your professional guide will know how to keep children entertained during the tour and there will certainly not be any time get bored!
Join this tour with your family for a fun and yet educational exploration of London!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Guide
- Professional Kid-Friendly Guide
- Blue Badge Guide
- Admission tickets to the Tower of London
- Admission tickets to Westminster Abbey
- Fast entrance to Westminster Abbey with a Blue Badge Guide
- Entry/Admission - Westminster Abbey
- Entry/Admission - Tower of London
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Food and Drinks
- Public transport tickets/Oyster cards/travel cards
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Westminster, Westminster, London, England
Your tour will start in Westminster, the area of London which hosts many of its most famous landmarks, such as Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, the Palace of Westminster — also known as the Houses of Parliament - and Buckingham Palace. Your guide has vast experience in tours for families and will know how to entertain your children, keeping their mind focused through fun and interesting stories about the history of London!
Westminster's fantastic range of attractions is second to none. Apart from the Palace of Westminster, one of four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in London, there are also many of the city's most important art galleries as well as other iconic landmarks and a few hidden gems as well.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Whitehall, Government London, London SW1A 2BX England
On your way to Buckingham Palace, as you walk along Whitehall, your guide will show you the most important buildings situated on this famous street. It is recognized as the centre of the Government of the United Kingdom, lined with numerous departments and ministries, including the Ministry of Defence, Horse Guards and the Cabinet Office.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
After a short walk on The Mall (or through St James Park), you will arrive at Buckingham Palace. Here, if it is scheduled on the day of your tour and if the weather allows it, you will marvel at the evocative ceremony of the Changing of the Guard. Your guide will share his/her knowledge about this amazing parade and about the royal family as well!
This event is very likely to be crowded at this time of the day, but your guide will find the perfect spot from where you and your family will be able to enjoy the view.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
Next you will be visiting Westminster Abbey, a living working church where worship still takes place to this day, and it is also the traditional coronation and burial site for English monarchs, as well as being one of the most important Gothic buildings in the country. This is also where some of the most significant people in Britain's history are buried or commemorated. Your will see the highlights of this outstanding church, such as the Poet's Corner, with its memorials to William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, and other giants of literature. The visit will also include the tombs of Queen Elizabeth I; The Coronation Chair and the Lady Chapel.
After visiting the abbey it will be time to have lunch, and your guide will suggest a local restaurant or pub where you can relax before you continue with your tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: City of London, City of London, London, England
The tour will then move on to the City of London, the city's historical heart. This part of London was the location of a busy trading post almost 2000 years ago when it was still part of the Roman Empire. A section of the Roman Wall is still visible, and many of the streets here continue to follow the pattern of the ancient Roman roads.
There are many landmarks to admire in this area, such as St. Paul's Cathedral, the Millennium Bridge, the Tate Modern Art Gallery and many other iconic places.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Tower of London, St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB England
You will finally reach the Tower of London where you will spend the rest of the tour. The tower is one of the top ten most visited attractions in London, and it is very appreciated by children ! You will be fascinated by the stories and tales that you guide will tell you. You will do activities and play games, learning while having fun! You will see the main highlights of the Tower of London, including the most important of all, the Crown Jewels, a collection of royal ceremonial objects kept in the Tower of London, which include the regalia and vestments worn by British kings and queens at their coronations. Moreover you will visit the White Tower, the Medieval Tower, the Royal Mint, Tower Green, the Royal Menagerie, and the Bloody Tower.
Your tour will end here and you will certainly feel as if you know London like the back of your hand!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Westminster Abbey Shop, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London SW1P 3JS, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :City of London, London, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Some parts of Tower are not pushchair friendly. You will find buggy parks in some areas.
- The Changing the Guard takes place every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from August to April, but it doesn't take place in the rain or in a very bad weather (the guards cancel ceremony if it rains, because the rain could damage their brass instruments) .
- This tour is suitable for children aged 5 and above. Younger kids are welcome, but the tour may not be appropriate.
- During the tour you will use public transport, so make sure you have valid tickets.
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, and no wheelchairs are allowed on the tour
- There are a large number of steps throughout the Tower of London with cobbles laid in some of the surfaces and pathways. There are some low doorways.
- Please note that for security reasons bag searches will take place at Westminster Abbey and at the Tower of London
- Please be aware that security checks at the attractions are inevitable
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.