Khlong Lat Mayom & Taling Chan Local Floating Markets Tour (Multi Languages)
Not only the Thai love this place, but tourists also do. You will enjoy sightseeing the scenery of local community along canal. What is more, varieties of Thai foods, Thai dessert, and seasonal fruits grown up by local gardeners are there for you!
Khlong Lat Mayom is becoming a famous destination in Bangkok. You will enjoy tranquil local life in busy Bangkok, I'm sure this place will impress you!
Eating is a must when visiting floating markets. There are many types of Thai food in reasonable price ready for you to try. It's like a food heaven!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round Trip Transfer
- Professional guide
- Admission fee
- Entry/Admission - Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market
- Entry/Admission - Taling Chan Floating Market
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Khlong Lat Mayom Floating Market, 30/1 Moo 15, Bang Ramat Road Khwaeng Bang Ramat, Khet Taling Chan, Bangkok 10170 Thailand
Khlong Lat Mayom is one of the three floating markets located close to Bangkok. Khlong Lat Mayom is nothing like the huge touristy Damnoen Saduak or the crowded Amphawa but really has the charm and authenticity of a local market and you might be one of the only foreigners around.
Everybody love floating markets - Thai and tourists alike - you just have to see how locals flock to the place on weekends! Local market culture has deep roots in Thai daily life and eating out is not a special event as it is in western culture: it’s fun, cheap and casual, and Thai food has so many variations it can be a travelling theme on its own.
Just like the two other markets around Bangkok, the definition of ’floating market’ is a bit stretched, the place being in fact more of a riverside market. The canal here is very narrow and only few boats are parked all alongside the riverbank and below a low bridge, cooking for customers who sit at low tables all along the water. Eating is always the highlight of a floating market visit, sitting on a little wooden stool not higher than 10 cm and ordering a dish cooked on a tiny wooden boat anchored just next to your table is such a fun and exotic experience!
Don’t be shy and try some of the dishes you are not familiar with... if you don’t know what it is, just point at your neighbour’s plate: noodle soups, Pad Thai, Kanom Jeen (cold rice vermicellis) or Hoi Tod (oyster omelet) for 20 to 30 baht per plate. The drinks are usually sold by another person walking around.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Taling Chan Floating Market, 324 Chakphra Rd, Bangkok Thailand
Located just outside of Bangkok on the access road to Khlong Bangkok Noi, Taling Chan looks like any other fresh food market busy with produce vendors from nearby farms. But the twist emerges at the canal where several floating docks serve as informal dining rooms and the kitchens are boats tethered to the docks.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Bangkok, Thailand
2: Phayathai Plaza Office Building, 128/72 Phayathai Rd, thung phayathai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Free of charge Door to Door Pick up for CITY CENTER BANGKOK DISTRICT AREA (3 KM radius area) with namely Sukhumvit Soi (Lane) -1 to 33, Sukhumvit area Soi 1 to 33 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even), Pratunam, Silom, Langsuan, Wireless Road, Sathorn, Surawongse, Siam, MBK, Yawarat (China Town), Khao San Road (Excluded City Tour) can pick up only in our meeting Royal Rattanakosin HotelYou can also join our tours at BANGKOK MEETING POINTS - Our office, Sun Leisure World Corporation, Phaya Thai Plaza Buidling, Phaya Thai Road, Bangkok-101400An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3 miles (5 km) radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are committed to ensure the safety of travelers according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the World Health Organization (WHO) Standards
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.