Kharkhorin - Ancient City Tour
3 day tour to Mongolian Ancient City Capital Kharakhorum which was built by Chinggis Khaan in 1220. Although most remains of the city have vanished, you can see the most interesting remains, two giant stone tortoises, which used to have a set stele (stone tablets) with inscriptions. Whatever was left of the city’s bricks and stones were used in the building of the impressive Erdene Zuu monastery in the 16th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 2 nights accommodation
- Fuel surcharge
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Day 1 Karakorum ancient capital:
After early breakfast, set out for Karakorum (350km). Visit Erdene-Zuu Monastery, once one of the largest monasteries in Mongolia, which was almost destroyed in the 1930s. Tour the monastery grounds and several temples with excellent examples of Buddhist thangka paintings dating back to the 16th century. Visit to the symbolic ruins of Karakorum, the 13thcentury capital of the Great Mongol Empire. Visit local museum co-founded with Japanese support in 2010 where many exotic artifacts dating back even to the Turkish period (VI-VII century). Return to the base camp for dinner and overnight stay in a ger. (B/L/D)
Day 2 Mini Gobi - Ulaanbaatar:
Have breakfast at the ger camp and drive back to Ulaanbaatar. On the way, visit the Elsen Tasarkhai sand dunes also known as Mini Gobi. The dunes stretch over 90km crossing borderlines of 3 provinces of Mongolia. Visit a nomadic family for a camel ride along the sand dunes and resume the return journey to Ulaanbaatar after lunch at a local ger camp. (B/L)
Day 3 Ulaanbaatar:
Arrival at the train station, transfer to the hotel (B)
Departure Point :Hotel pick up.
Departure Time :
Return Detail :Tour ends at you hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.