Ketchikan's Taste of the Wild-Wildlife Tour and Salmon Bake
Tour historic downtown Ketchikan
Enjoy a beautiful 10-mile scenic coastal drive south of the city
A stop and restroom break at Buggie's Beach
Scout for Bears, Eagles, Salmon and other wildlife at Herring Cove
Once back in town this portion of your tour ends and your Salmon experience begins
You will be guided to the First City Salmon, where you will enjoy locally caught Wild Salmon deliciously prepared
Your taste buds will burst with delight as you begin enjoying your 1st course consisting of a cold plate with smoked salmon, salmon dip, salmon poke and sourdough bread
Meanwhile, your presentation will start on the life cycle of Wild Alaskan Salmon
Your 2nd course is served on a hot plate consisting of a Salmon Steak topped with a yummy sauce and a freshly baked sourdough bowl filled with our award winning smoked salmon chowder
After lunch enjoy a locally brewed beer or a glass of wine at our Pub
Shop for t-shirts and other gifts, canned and fresh salmon shipped right to your door
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Explore all the sights and highlights of our Historic fishing and logging community, Ketchikan, the Gateway City to Alaska. Highlights include: Creek Street and the “Old Red-Light District”, Dolly’s House, City Park and more. Drive by one of three working canneries and the 1954 original Coast Guard rescue and buoy tender base. Learn about Ketchikan’s prosperous past. Continue on your journey south along a 10-mile scenic coastal drive with stops at beautiful Buggie's Beach, with its breakwater and tidal pools and ocean views. At Herring Cove scout for wildlife that frequent the area. Herring Cove is the only land and road accessible tour where you can find the largest concentration of Black Bears, Eagles, and other wildlife that gather to feed off, spawning Salmon. Lastly stop and stretch your legs and take in the soothing water mist of Rainbow Falls.
Once back in town you will enjoy a fabulous Salmon Bake lunch at the First City Salmon. Feast on 5 different types of Wild Caught Alaskan Salmon while a live presentation on the life cycle of Alaskan Salmon is explained. Enjoy a glass of our locally brewed beer or wine in the Pub! (Not included in the price of your tour).
• Cold Pate - Two smoked salmon fillets fresh sourdough bread, salmon dip and fresh salmon poke.
• Hot Plate - Delicious Salmon Steak with our signature white wine butter sauce, and award winning Salmon Chowder served in a freshly baked Sourdough bread bowl.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the departure of your tour inside the KVB at berth #12 in front of Berth #2. Ports
- Ketchikan Cruise Ship Docks, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.