Kerala Sea Food Trail: An Excursion To Cherai Beach
The South Indian state of Kerala is known for its backwaters and its delicious seafood cuisine. In this excursion from Cochin, visit a fishing harbor to see the morning catch come in and learn about the rich marine life in this part of India. Later, visit the nearby Cherai beach to enjoy a seafood lunch and spend some time relaxing on the beach.
• Seafood catch at the harbor
• Cherai beach
• View of the backwaters
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Ferry ride on sharing basis
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cherai Beach, Cherai Beach, Vypin Island, Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
You will be picked up from your hotel and taken to the harbor to see the fishermen unload their morning catch from the fishing boats and trawlers. Walk around and observe the variety of fishes and other seafood as it makes its way to the city.
Next board a ferry to Cherai beach and enjoy lunch (own expense) at a seafood restaurant. After lunch, relax on the beach. The six mile long beach is perfect for sunbathing, swimming and surfing. It is also known for frequent dolphin sightings. You can also get a view of the backwaters from the beach. Enjoy the gentle waves of the Arabian Sea as you walk along the beach.
After that you will be picked up and driven back to your hotel. If you are staying in Fort Kochi, it is quicker to take the ferry back.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Kochi (Cochin), Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Kochi Airport, Kochi (Cochin) India
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is also available.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.