Keelung Shore Excursion: Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen, Houton Cat Village Private Tour
When you’re picked up from Keelung Cruise Port, we highly recommend this private tour for who has just one day to discover the beauty of northern Taiwan.
- Yehliu Geopark is home to lots of unique geological formations including the iconic "Queen's Head"
- Golden Waterfall's distinct color and name come from the metals left over from the old gold mine
- Jiufen, reflecting the Japanese influence on both architecture and culture. During World War II, the town housed a Japanese prisoner of war camp where captured Allied Force soldiers were forced to work in the gold mines.
- By 2008 Houtong Started to reinvent itself as a cat paradise, with many cat loving citizens proposing to bring abandoned cats a better life
- Visit Miaokou Night Market to see one of Taiwan's traditional food-focused night market and get ready for delicious seafood!
We provide Muslim-friendly services like bathroom facilities, halal prayer room, meals at halal certified restaurant, seafood or vegetarian restaurant.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Passenger insurance
- Yehliu Geopark ticket
- Fuel surcharge
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Yehliu Geopark
What's excluded :
- Any personal expenses, typhoons,delayed transportation, other irresistible...
- Overtime fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yehliu Geopark, 207, Taiwan, New Taipei City, Wanli District, 港東路167-1號
Because of the ocean water and wind erosion, there are much unique natural landscape attracting people to go here. The ocean water erosion makes the candle shaped rock. While the wave splashes it, you can see the power of nature. As for the wind erosion, never skip the Queen’s Head. Through the 30 –year erosion, Queen’s Head becomes more and more slender. Remember to have a glimpse of it, or it may be vanished in the future because of erosion.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Golden Waterfall, Jinguashi village, Ruifang District, Ruifang, New Taipei Taiwan
Golden Waterfall is near Yin-Yang Sea in the Jinguashi Gold Ecological Park region. Its red-like color background of Golden Waterfall comes from the sulfurous soil and it contains a high level of toxic. Along the way to Golden Waterfall, you may find the abandoned factories of the gold mining before.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chiufen (Jiufen Old Street), Jishan Street, Ruifang, New Taipei 22450 Taiwan
Jiufen is a unique immigrant isolated village in the mountains in Qing dynasty. When Taiwan was under Japanese rule, there was a gold rush in Jiufen. This place is also famous for taro ball, fish ball, and rice cake. If tourists are tired after walking so long, you can rest in the tea house to taste the delicacies of Jiufen. Jiufen becomes famous after Hou Hsiao-hsien's A City of Sadness movie which narrates a Taiwanese story in Jiufen.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Cat Village Houtong, No.70 Chailiao Rd., Ruifang Dist., Ruifang, New Taipei 22450 Taiwan
Meeting the sleeping cats in the plaza, you will find cats everywhere in this small village. Also, people here were making a living in coal mining. Visitors can experience the coal mining life through going into the tunnel through a standing vehicle. And if you meet cats in the tunnel, don’t forget to greet them with a smile and Meow sound.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Keelung Miaokou Night Market, Rensan Rd., Ren'ai District, Keelung 200 Taiwan
Keelung Miaokou Night Market is a famous local market for its seafood and south Taiwan taste. In the island full of street food, we would recommend the fish ball, crab thick soup, and rice cake. There is tempura made of fish which is full of Taiwan local taste. The crab oil rice with ocean scent and full of crab stick is also a feature you can’t miss.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Port of Keelung, Taiwan
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up you when you arrive at Keelung Cruise Port. Please provide us your estimated time of arrival.Ports
- Keelung Cruise Port
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Local government regulations require that all tour participants possess travel insurance. Local operator will provide this ,but requires the following information for each participant.
- Most travelers can participate
- Passport name,gender, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
- Reminder: Overtime fee will be charged on-site by the driver guide
- Reminder: Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Reminder: In summer, don’t forget to apply sunscreen and wearing sunglasses and hat. In winter, don’t forget to bring a jacket and an umbrella.
- Each traveler is allowed to carry a luggage
- Customers must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.