Kazantzakis Literature Museum & Olive Oil Tasting (Transfer & Lunch Included)
Discover the culinary delights of Crete from Real People.
You will be a part of their Real Life and share with them their knowledge on local products and delicacies. Be part of True Crete.
Discover life and work of the Greatest witers of all times.
Enjoy Private Tasting of locally produced olive oil and learn the secrets.
Learn how to cook local delicacies from Mama.
Enjoy a homemade lunch at the most unique and beautiful environment
Small-group tour limited to eight people
Tailor made experience
Hotel pickup and drop-off included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up and Drop off from customers Hotel
- Transportation with Private Mini Van
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine & Raki
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Full Course Menu including wine
- Entry/Admission - Koronekes®
- Entry/Admission - Kazantzakis Museum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: The Palace of Knossos, Knosos, Crete 714 09 Greece
The Minoan palace is the main place to visit in Knossos (or Knossos), an important city in antiquity, with continuous life from the Neolithic years to the 5th century. It is built on the hill of Kefala, with easy access to the sea and the interior of Crete. According to tradition, it was the seat of the wise king Minos. Fascinating myths, of the Labyrinth with the Minotaur and of Daedalus with Icarus, are connected with the palace of Knossos.
Pass By: Agia Irini, Agia Irini, Crete
In the area of Agia Irini at Spilia there is the largest of the aqueduct bridges built in Crete in order to solve the water shortage problem of the Grand Castle (today's Heraklion). Through this water bridge built during the Egyptian occupation (1830-40) the water was transferred from the Fountana spring in Kounavi and from the Miliaras spring in Skalani, to the center of Heraklion, after it had been merged with the water coming through the Venetian aqueduct of Morozini.
The reason for the construction was the identification by the Egyptians of the ancient Roman aqueduct of Knossos, with an underground tunnel 1150m long, which was cleaned, opened and restored. The east entrance of the tunnel survives in excellent condition, while the west is blocked by soil. The area is ideal for a walk, as in the adjacent church of Agia Irini (Saint Irene) there is a very beautiful park with trees and benches.
Stop At: Koronekes®, No street name, Epano Archanes 701 00, Greece
Guided tour at a family-run Olive Oil Mill. Visit olive fields nearby, the Olive Mill facilities and learn about the trip of olives from the field to the bottle. An Olive Oil tasting will be held in order to understand the difference in flavors and quality.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kazantzakis Museum, Central Square of the Village of Myrtia,15 Km. inland and South of Heraklion, Myrtia, Crete 70100 Greece
The Kazantzakis Museum pays tribute to the important intellectual, author, thinker, philosopher, politician and traveler Nikos Kazantzakis.
The Museum is made up of a cluster of buildings in the central square of the historical village of Varvari, now known as Myrtia. The Museum Exhibition is housed on a site formerly occupied by the home of the Anemoyannis family, which was related to Nikos Kazantzakis' father, Kapetan Michalis.
The Museum was founded in 1983 by set and costume designer Yiorgos Anemoyannis, a pioneering figure in Greek theatre. His fundamental aim was to preserve the author's memory and promote his work and thought. Significant assistance was offered by Eleni Kazantzaki, the author's second wife.
The museum opening ceremony was held on 27th June 1983.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Archanes, Archanes, Crete
Arriving in a unique Private Estate full of trees and flowers, located at the foot of mountain Giouhtas. Arriving in a unique Private Estate full of trees and flowers, located at the foot of mountain Giouhtas. We will join for Lunch with plenty of Wine and Raki.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- N. Kazantzakis Airport, Heraklion, Crete Greece
- Heraklion Port Passenger Station, Leof. Nearchou, Iraklio 713 07, Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring a hat, sunscreen and light Clothing
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements or Allergies at time of booking
- Spending Money in case you would like to make a purchace
- Vegetarian option is available Upon Request
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.