Kayak to the Heart of the National Park
Las Baulas National Park, created in 1990, is approximately 445 hectares & located on Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast, near the town of Tamarindo. The Tamarindo estuary is the biggest mangrove estuary in Latin America and the only way to get to it’s heart is by water. This makes it a quiet and private place in comparison to many of Costa Rica’s other National Parks that are easily accessible by car. Come and enjoy the nature it has to share!
per adult from
What's included :
- Single or double kayak with comfortable seat pads, back rests and life jackets
- Bottled water
- Protective dry bag to keep your valuables safe from water damage
What's excluded :
- Mosquito spray
- Suitable walking / tennis shoes
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Las Baulas National Marine Park, Santa Cruz, Guanacaste, Playa Grande 50308 Costa Rica
We’ll meet at Pangas Beach Club in Tamarindo where there is parking, bathroom & shower facilities.
Before setting out on a 35-minute kayak through lush mangroves I will brief you on the correct safety and paddling techniques.
On reaching the heart of the Park we’ll leave the kayaks ashore to hike numerous trails, observing as much wildlife as possible; howler monkeys, exotic birds, parrots, herons, cranes, iguanas, squirrels and others. You will see exotic plants, like dragonfruit cactus, wild hibiscus, mushrooms and big trees such as the garden of the forest and the national guanacaste tree.
We will visit and climb to the top of an archaeological site, built by the ancient indigenous people using rocks brought from nearby. Here we can see a stunning bird view of the tree canopy. This is a great place to observe the wildlife from above before returning to the kayaks for a refreshing drink and paddling back to Tamarindo.
During our adventure I will guide you, explaining the animal behaviours and plant life we see. Due to daily tidal changes it is important we schedule the tour 60 – 90 mins before high tide.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Pangas Beach Club, Main road to Tamarindo, 500m SW from Auto Mercado, in front of El Tesoro, Provincia de Guanacaste, Tamarindo, 50309, Costa Rica
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/8/2019 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.