Kayak Rio de Las Vueltas (Laguna Condor Refuge) Full Day or Half Day.
The River of the turns is born in the Lake of the Desert and descends towards Lake Viedma making numerous curves through lush forests of lenga and vertical walls, transporting the water product of the melting of the glaciers of the region, among them the high glaciers from Fitz Roy Hill.
From our privileged position in the kayak and for more than 20 kilometers we can enjoy the best views of the Fitz Roy and its satellite needles, with a totally different view of what can be seen from a trail.
Once in the refuge, our guide will brief the activity, while helping us with the testing of the equipment and the placement of the safety elements (suits, boots and neoprene gloves, lifejacket and helmet). Then we will review some useful techniques and do a rowing practice in the Condor Lagoon.
Activity is aimed at people with good physical condition, not necessarily with experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayak, paddles, lifeguard, helmet, thermal suit, thermal boots and waterproof jacket.
What's excluded :
- The kayak activity begins at the Laguna Cóndor Refuge, located 20 kilometers from El Chalten. The product offers transfer from our offices in the village to the refuge. The transfer time is approximately 40 minutes from El Chalten - per section.
Once in the refuge, the activity begins, with the equipment and rowing techniques provided by our guides, for the descent in Kayak along the Rio de las Vueltas, which lasts approximately 3 or 4 hours. The circuit ends at El Chalten, where our offices and changing rooms are.
Departure Point :San Martín 56, El Chalten, Santa Cruz, Argentina
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.